Chapter 018

TW 🚫 // emotional abuse, suicidal thoughts

18 : the dead twin

❝ What were you going to tell, Jakey? ❞ Yuri twinkled a smile while curiously examining her boyfriend's face

❝ What were you going to tell, Jakey? ❞ Yuri twinkled a smile while curiously examining her boyfriend's face. ❝ O-Oh, n-nevermind. It's nothing. ❞ The perplexed boy's facial expression fell unpleasant. A bit worried if he had to be opening with himself.

His hands rummaged through the pockets of his jeans again.

' I'm sure I brought it together with me...'

He's supposed to be carrying the anniversary present for Yuri but surprisingly, the locket he'd bought was appeared to be missing.

Maybe his forgetful self just forgot to bring it with him again. 

It honestly was a pity because he planned to surprise the joyous girl with the precious gift today. 

❝ Ah, before I forget, ❞ Yuri clapped her hands one time within a sudden realization as she stopped sipping her smoothie. ❝ Was that girl from the convenience store Jay's girlfriend or something? ❞ Yuri plastered a smirk, half curious, half scorning at the boyish girl being someone noticeable around her friends.

Maybe it's because of that little brat's arrogant manner at the store.

❝ Not really. She's just someone who Jay only has feelings for. ❞ The lover boy replied while playing with his girlfriend's pretty fingers embosomed tight inside his manly palms.

❝ You mean... Jay's love is one-sided...? ❞ 

Yuri's mouth fell agape as she found it hard to believe.

❝ You can put it that way, I guess? ❞ Shifting his lips into a boxy smile, the pure boy shrugged his shoulders.

Min Yuri didn't wanna overreact but seriously? The campus' heartthrob and top-tier guy had been growing one-sided feelings to one who's unaware of his unrequited love?

What in the plot twisting world was this?

The quirky girl blurted out a small scoff before muttering her true opinions out. ❝ Hear me out, I'm sorry but Jay deserves someone better. ❞ Jake darted his brownish eyes at his love who just spat out some unbelievable words which he never imagined to hear from an optimistic person like her.

❝ From my perspective, I don't think she's suitable for someone like Jay. ❞

Weirded out by her words, Jake just cocked a brow upwards.

❝ I mean, I don't know.. Jay doesn't really deserve to be a person with unrequited love if you ask me. I'm sure that there are tons of girls in line, longing to be his significant other. ❞

Pitying her friend, Yuri voiced out her opinion that didn't sound so likely in Jake's ears. ❝ But Yuri, we can't demand who our hearts want to fall for. ❞ Love is blind. It has no discrimination nor limit set. If the heart finds its rightful owner, it'll unknowingly set the love on its own - Jake believed it like that.