part 8 ⊰⊹

the day was clear. the sun shone through clouds, making everything warm. the cooler wind whipped through dream's hair as he raced across the empty countryside.

he was in the lead, driving at ridiculous speeds in front of three other vehicles.

right behind his lime green car was a large black van containing the oh so valuable gold consignment. following was karl himself, the brains of the operation. just like he'd promised, they were ready to deliver the gold the very next day.

to the rear of their line was sapnap. he however, was not alone. with him was a trainee of theirs. he didn't like that.

something was wrong. he could feel it. it was like dream didn't trust him enough to be left alone. he scoffed at that.

nonetheless the four automobiles didn't slow, zooming past barren fields of yellow and brown. that was until something caught the texan's eye.

he looked into the rearview mirror, and his suspicions were confirmed.

five jeeps were now on their trail, all following close behind, swerving onto the road from an abandoned farm.

his grip on the steering wheel tightened, turning his knuckles white. he turned on his bluetooth device and spoke in the calmest way possible.

"someone's following us."

dream's head snapped towards his left when the words played in his ear. he looked out the window to see a yellow jeep followed by a few more black ones hot on their trail. he reached into the dashboard and pulled out his gun before replying to sapnap.

"keep moving."

sapnap hummed in response and went back to driving, karl still unaware of their pursuers.

but that didn't last long.

the jeep directly behind sapnap got closer. too close.

one of their enemies stood up and aimed a grenade. their car stopped, leaving sapnap confused for a second, until time seemed to slow down.

the grenade flew threw the air in slow motion, landing on the back of the texan's car.

within mere seconds, the grenade blasted, destroying the back of the car with a boom. the car flipped in the air from the impact, rolling into its side twice.

the black haired man was hit on the head by the crushed roof, the smell of burning rubber the last thing he remembers as he was knocked out, tinted glass shattering all around him.

all the commotion behind him had finally altered karl of their pursuers. his heart dropped at sight of his beloved's car left in a destroyed pile. he wanted nothing more to stop the car and run to sapnap. he would never forgive himself if something happened to his love.

he reached for his walkie talkie frantically, speaking into it with urgency.

"dream sapnap's down. he could be very very injured, we need to stop right now." his voice was stern but the panicky time was evident.

"karl we can't stop now. we have to keep going, this is too important."

he did not like that.

"what do you mean it's too important? sapnap could be dead in there and you don't want to stop? i swear to fucking god clayton if sapnap's not okay i will kill you mysel- fuuuuuccck!"

while karl was distracted arguing with dream, his driving had gotten sloppy, and their enemies took the shot. the machine guns, all pointed at his car, shooting non stop.