part 24 ⊰⊹

the phone rang once, twice, then thrice. and much to george's dismay, there was still no answer. his slight frown grew, his forehead creasing in stress.

he was really counting on quackity to actually answer right now. in all fairness george had practically taken tubbo and ran away after his father had died. he never really bothered to contact his old friend. mostly because he wanted to cut all ties with that part of his life. and well, quackity would have made that impossible. so he really shouldn't be surprised for not getting an immediate response.

just as he was about to give up, his phone rang loudly, startling all four men. the brit picked up the phone. it was an unknown number. sapnap raised an eyebrow and motioned for george to answer it anyway, to which he obliged.

"hello?" george answered, putting the call on speaker.

"um hello? this is alex, uh, i'm not sure who this is but i got a couple calls from this number on an old number of mine so yeah i just called back-"

"oh my god quackity?!" george practically shouted. holy fuck he actually answered. he couldn't believe it. he genuinely didn't think he could get in contact after 8 whole years of absolutely no communication. but he'd somehow managed to reach him.

"i- um i'm sorry how do you...?"

"right, shit. it's me... george." he trailed off.

the call went silent for a moment. george bit his nails anxiously, waiting for some sort of reply while the other three men stared expectantly.

dream still had yet to comment on george's idea but it was clear to the others that something was bothering him. george was in no mood to ask though. the stakes right now were too high for him to care. quackity was someone he had trusted in the past. and really, he was probably the one person he had left that hadn't lied to him.

"wait. you're george? like the george. as in schla-"

"yes that's me." he interrupted before quackity could finish. just hearing his father's name was enough to give him a panic attack and he really didn't need that right now.

"oh my fucking god george?!! i- do you know how fucking long it's been?!? you just, fucking hell i thought... i can't even!" the mexican rambled slightly taken by surprise, understandably so.

"i know, i- i'm sorry for uh..." george looked around the room, eyeing each person briefly. he had to suppress his frown at their intent expressions. they were really listening in. he would have preferred to have this reunion in private but uh, guess he had no other choice.

"leaving?" quackity inputted. george sighed and looked down at his feet.

"no, i'm not sorry i left quackity, i had to go, and you know that too. but i am a truly sorry i never tried to reconnect with you." quackity was the one to sigh this time.

"it's okay man, i get it, it's not like i made an effort either." george nodded, even though quackity couldn't see it. he looked at the others in the room and swallowed nervously.

and there it was again. that awkward silence.

george cleared his throat and spoke up. "so... how have you, um been these past years?" he enquired. he decided it would be better to ease into the whole kidnapping situation.

"oh. yeah i've been good man, i uh, own a casino now so that's something i guess." dream's eyebrows shot up at that. casino huh?

"woah, that's um, really cool." the brit replied, not sounding nearly as enthusiastic as he probably should be.