Mid June (part 5)

(Meredith POV)

Today was Maggie and winstons wedding. Not gonna lie, it kind of slipped my mind with that surgery and such.

Derek and I decided to renew our vows after the wedding. After this year, with me almost dying again, it's made our relationship even stronger, and renewing our vows is the right thing to do.

It's not gonna be anything big. Just Me, Derek, and the kids. Not official either, but a change to our post it.

The wedding was at one, and we had to arrive around 12:30. Maggie and Winston didn't really have official bridesmaids or groomsmen, so it saved us the trouble of getting dresses and such.

Derek and I decided to go early to the beach around 10:30 to let the kids run around and play.

"Let's go!" I yelled as I left the house. The kids came piling into the car and Derek behind them. He helped Ellie buckle up and got into the drivers seat.

We all were dressed in our wedding clothes, so Bailey was in a nice blue suit, Zola was in a beautiful dress, and Ellis was also wearing a cute dress.

Derek wore a tan colored suit that brought out his eyes. I was wearing a dress with a cardigan with my hair down and curled.

"You look gorgeous." Derek said with a smile, kissing my cheek over the console. "You do too." I replied softly. Derek started the car and off we went.

(Derek POV)

We got to the beach and all of the kids ran out. Bailey brought a football, and the girls brought a kickball to kick around.

Mer and I got out and I grabbed her hand before walking on to the beach.

"I love the beach." Meredith said as she took a seat on what once was a boardwalk. I sat down next to her and looked at her staring out at the water.

"Me too. There's something about it...it's so calming." I replied, wrapping an arm around my wife and pulling her closer to my body.

Meredith murmured something in agreement and we watched the kids run around.

"Ready to renew our vows? Or, our post it, I should say." I asked with a grin. "I am." She replied softly.
"I love you." I said as I looked at her. My wife was so beautiful.

She had the most beautiful eyes, and gorgeous blonde hair. After carrying 2 kids, you'd think it would show, but not on Meredith. Her features were delicate, and she was just gorgeous.

"Mom, dad, come play football with us!" Bailey yelled. I looked at Meredith and we both smiled and got up.

(Meredith POV)

We played football for a while, and before we knew it, it was time for the wedding. Derek and I got all the kids seated and we sat down.

"Grey, how are you feeling?" Bailey asked from the row in front of us. "Good. Better than the other day." I replied. "That's good."

Winston walked up to the top of the altar thing and waited. I liked Winston, he seemed like a really good fit for Maggie and I'm glad she has him.

Minutes later, Maggie walked down the aisle with her father. I smiled and gave her a wave and she smiled back. "You got this." I mouthed.

Maggie Met Winston and grabbed his hands.

About 5 minutes later, Maggie and Winston kissed and they were married. "Let's party!" Winston exclaimed, holding hands with his new wife.

"Kids, go find auntie Amelia and dance." Derek said. He grabbed my hand and we walked off on the beach sneakily.

"Do you have the post it?" I asked as we walked down the beach. Meredith opened her cardigan and I saw it in her pocket.

I smiled. We got down to the rock we were sitting at and sat down. She handed me the pen and post it note.

"What do we want to add?" I asked softly. "Take care of each other in sickness and Health. I know that's a traditional one, but I feel like it applies to us more than others." Meredith giggled.

"Thats true." I said with a grin as I scribbled it down. "How about...always keep fighting?" I asked. I figured that made senses, literally and figuratively.

Meredith nodded. I wrote that down too.

About 10 minutes later, we concluded our vow renewal. "You know what to do now, right?" I asked with a. Smile.

"What?" She replied. "Now I have to kiss you." I smirked before bringing her close to me and kissing her deeply.

"Meredith, Derek! Stop sucking face and come dance with us!" Amelia yelled from the reception area.

She pulled away after a moment. "We'll have to finish that later." She breathed.

(Meredith POV)

We walked back to the reception with smiles on our faces. "You two cant keep your hands off each other for more than 20 minutes?" Mark asked with a smirk.

"Shut it, Sloan." Derek replied in good nature. I left Derek for a minute and walked over to Maggie and Winston.

"Congratulations, Mags." I said genuinely, hugging both of them. "Thank you, Mer. I'm glad you're okay." Maggie said.

"How's married life feel?" I asked with a grin.

"It's only been 45 minutes, but it's good. My beautiful wife is making it easy." Winston said. "You sound like Derek with that cheesy ness." I retorted.

At the end of the day, it was probably around 1am when we all got home. Derek and I carried all 3 kids inside as they both fell asleep, and then we changed and got into bed ourselves.

"I love you, Meredith Grey. So much. I don't know what I would've done if you died." Derek whispered.

"You don't have to worry about that anymore. I'm okay. I love you more than anytning. Thank you for being by my side." I replied.

Hey guys!! This is the last chapter. Thank you all so much for reading and sticking with me during the whole story, it means so much to me. I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Feel free to check out my other books too!!! Thank you all!!