Chapter 3: Homesick

(Jesse's POV)

I woke up under a tree. I must had fallen asleep. But it's now time to get moving. I'm kinda feeling a bit homesick already. But I can't go back. They're better off without me.. I'm not even sure where it is I'm going! Just not Beacontown.. I got all of my stuff ready and took off once again.. The morning breeze was quite peaceful. And the birds chirping was too! Sometimes I wish that I didn't win the fights against villains.. Like if they won I would have a slowly painful death.. Thats what my friends probably would want to happen to me. I wish I at least still had rueben. He'd never treat me bad! But he isn't here because of me.. All the people we lost during the tough times.. It was all my fault that they died.. I wish I would've died with them. I'm all alone now.. I have nobody.. I thought maybe one day I'd settle down with Lukas or something but that's not happening now.. I ain't gonna get my happily ever after.. My story might just end here.. But hey! It's okay. Some things are meant to be for a reason! I kept walking which seemed like forever but before long it was nightfall but I didn't have a place to stay! Before I knew it zombies were attacking me again! I ended up defeating them but I got wounded a lot! After that i found an abandoned treehouse so i decided to sleep there...

(Lukas's POV)

"Guys.. It's been like a week seen Jesse left! Shouldn't we start worrying?" I asked my friends.

"Eh i don't care how long she's gone for.. But i ain't worrying.."

"Petra! You can't really mean that!" Olivia said.

"Oh but i do! You know I'm still mad at her!"

"SHE COULD BE FREAKING DEAD AND YOU DON'T EVEN CARE!" I yelled at her.

"Meh.. i could care less..." She said as she walked away.

"What as gotten into that girl?!" Olivia asked.

"I don't know! But she's never returned in a week! We can't just sit around!" I said back.

"Why don't we put up some missing posters?"

"Is it even to that state that she's missing?"

"Well- yeah. No sign of her she just disappeared! That's what happens when someone goes missing.."

"Oh god i hope she's okay!"

"Hey it's okay! We'll find her! I promise you!" She assured me.

"Thanks.."

"Cmon! Let's go make some posters!"

"Okay!"

Me, Olivia, Axel, and Ivor then printed off some posters and stuck them around town. "Hey don't you think we should make a speech to the citizens of beacon town? They deserve to know what's happened to their leader.. They are also probably wondering where she went to.." Olivia asked me once we got back.

"Yeah you're right." I said then stood on top of the beacon in the middle of town. "Hey! Listen up citizens of beacon town!"

"We have a bit of a problem! I'm sure you noticed that our leader Jesse hasn't been anywhere's to be seen since last week!"

"Well that's because she went missing!" All of the citizens gasped in shock.

"But hey! Don't worry! We just finished putting posters all around the town! But if you do see her please let us know ASAP!"

"Don't worry! We will find our leader eventually! I just wanted to let you all know!" I said the last of my speech and stepped down off the beacon.

"Woah! That was one heck of a speech!" Axel said.

"Thanks Axel!" I said.

"I sure hope we do find her.."

"We will i promise!" Olivia assured me.

Yet another week went buy and there was still no sign of her.. Everyday lots of citizens of beacon town knock on the order hall doors with tons of questions! And because Jesse wasn't here me and Radar take care of her responsibilities for the town.. No wonder she's so stressed all the time! Being Mayor of the town is hard work! I am worried sick everyday and don't get much sleep because of it! Wherever you are Jesse i just hope you're okay! Then Olivia came up to me and interrupted me from my thoughts. "Hey.."

"Oh, hey."

"I brought you a shake."

"Thanks."

"How are ya?"

"Horrible.."

"Don't worry.. We will find her!"

"Ugh how do you know that?! It's been a week and no sign of her!"

"A week isn't that long Lukas.. You gotta give it time..."

"I guess you're right.."

"Yup.. I'm always right!"

I then started chugging my milkshake without realizing it. "Whoa slow down! You're gonna get sick!"

"Oh.. i didn't even realize i was chugging it.."

"You're letting your emotions get the best of you aren't you?"

"Maybe.. I just can't stop thinking about her.."

"Don't worry Lukas.. and besides! It's Jesse! If she was dead you'd know! I can assure you she's not!"

"You're right!"

Then Stella came up and interrupted us. "Hey handsome."

"Stella? What on earth are you doing here!"

"I came here to ask you some questions." She said as she sat at the table that me and Olivia were sitting at.

"And those questions are?"

"Rumours spread pretty quick around champion city uknow."

"What do you mean?"

"About all the posters you hung up! And about Jesse going missing! And i wanted to ask you if it's true."

"Yes- yes it's true."

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! But it's very unlike for Jesse to go missing like that..."

"Agreed.."

"Is there anything i can do to help?"

"You could let your people know and ask them to tell you if they see her then you could tell us."

"Okay I'll do that!"

"Thank you! It helps a lot!"

"No problemo!" She said then went back to her own city.

"Olivia do you mind if i go back to my cabin for a bit?"

"No not at all!"

"Thanks." I said then went back to my cabin.

I started searching through a chest to find this one journal. I needed to read something to make me happy. "Ah! There it is!" I said out loud.

It's the journal that i wrote in during our portal hopping adventures. I flipped open a random page and sat on my bed and started to read it

Dear reader,
I truly hate seeing Jesse upset! Her and Petra had just had an argument. And Petra ran into this red stone portal all by herself! Jesse put on a brave face but i know deep down that she's scared and hurt. I hate seeing her like this. I've always liked Jesse. She cares about others more than herself. And that's what i like about her! She's sweet kind caring a brave! And she has the most beautiful emerald eyes and midnight black hair. She's also super pretty! I could just stare into her eyes forever! "Hey Lukas I've been meaning to ask you! What's that book there?" Dang it! She just asked me what this book is! Think Lukas think! "Oh uhm this? Uhm it's just a book! A book a picked up at the white pumpkins place!" Good save Lukas! She can't ever know what's in this book! "Great idea Lukas!" I just love her so much! I have lots of mixed feelings for her! I've always wanted to get to know her. And know we're like best friends! I'd like to be more than friends but i know she doesn't like me back..

(End of entry)

Oh i remember that day! Haha! Good times! I really do wish you were here Jesse.. I miss you. And if you don't come back I'll never get to tell you..