Chapter 5: Madness

(Petra's POV)

"Are you ever going to come out of there Petra?"

"NO LEAVE ME ALONE!"

The person at the door walked away. Im assuming that it was either Olivia or Lukas. I've locked myself in my room for a month.. The others think it's because I'm mad. But i'm not.. I feel guilty. My best friend left because of me! Nothing is ever Jesse's fault.. She's kind sweet and cares about everyone else more than herself! Of course I just had to take it out on her.. I just got mad. And it caused her to go missing.. I know it my fault. And I'm worried sick about her every day! Hoping she'll come home. But I don't want the others to know that. I'm acting like I don't care when I do. I'm not sure how long I can keep this up though. I might have to just confess to the others.. I got distracted as I heard lots of noises from outside. I came to the main hall where the others were. "Hey! Whats all the racit out there?!"

"Like you would care Petra.." Olivia said.

"What?"

"You don't care about Jesse! And this involves her!"

I started to walk away. "Petra.. Please tell us why you hate her!"

I stopped walking and turned around. I couldn't take this faking anymore! I hated when people saw my soft side.. But at this point I couldn't take it anymore! "Olivia of course I care about her! Jesse's my best friend! I miss her with all my heart everyday! Im worried sick about her too! And I know its my fault! I shouldn't have taken my problems out on her! I just got mad! I- i'm sorry!" I started to feel myself crying.

I felt arms around me. "Petra its okay.."

"Why did it take you so long to tell me though?"

"You know I hate it when people see my soft side.."

"Yeah.."

Then Lukas comes barging in. "Lukas! I- i'm sorry.. About everything."

"Thanks Petra. I accept your apology."

"Lukas! What are you doing here?! I told you to get some rest!" Olivia spoke.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Would ya guys please explain what's with the issue outside now?" I spoke.

"Oh right!" Olivia said.

"The people of Beacon town have gone crazy! Because Jesse is still not back.." Lukas said.

"I- is she ever going to come back?"

"I- I don't know Petra.."

"Stop it with the negative thoughts you guys! We will find her! I promise you!" Olivia said.

"You're right.." I said.

"Do you guys mind if I go back to my cabin?" Lukas spoke.

"Sure." Olivia said.

"Yeah sure." I said.

He then ran out of the Order hall to his cabin. "Hey Olivia do you mind if I go out for a bit of fresh air?"

"Sure."

I wasn't just going out to get fresh air.. I followed Lukas because I wanted to talk to him.. Alone..

(Lukas's POV)

When i got to the cabin i searched through the chest again.. And i found it. The journal from our adventures. I flipped opened a random page.

Dear reader,
Yes! I finally got my journal back! I didn't think that i would get it back! The gladiator known as slab gave it to me. I'm also glad that Jesse's okay! I didn't think that she'd win! But she did! She always does! I don't know what i would've done without her.. i can't live without her.. We were running down the portal hall after the beam of light that came from the Atlas. The book that holds so much power in itself! We finally found the portal home! I couldn't believe it! The portal transported us to the order hall. We're home! Finally! I went over to Jesse and asked her what i should put what happened to her.. and in her words were: "And she couldn't have done it without her friends!"
(End of entry)

I felt myself starting to tear up but then i heard a knocking at my door. "Come in."

"Hey Lukas.." She said as she came to sit beside me.

"Oh hey Petra."

"Are you ok?"

"No i'm not! Jesse could be dead! And i never got to tell her that- that i-"

"That you lovee herrr?"

I felt my face start to burn up. "What? No!"

"Don't you dare lie to me Lukas.. I know you like her.." she nudged me.

"Fine! Yes i do like her..."

"Knew it!"

"I- i just miss her.."

"I know you do! I do too! We just gotta wait!"

"I sure hope you're right..."

I'll wait for you Jesse... I just hope I'll see you again... Just once more....