Chapter 29: A perfect morning

It was 6am, and the sun was peaking up from the horizon.

Lukas couldn't sleep. So he was outside the shelter watching the sunrise.

It was cold and chilly. The air had a breeze to it as well.

It was quite peaceful watching the sunrise. He got distracted as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Jesse?"

"Yeah that's me, good morning."

"Good morning to you too."

They stood there for a moment gazing into each other's eyes. Nothing mattered at that moment. They were both in there happy place.

They were slowly getting closer to each other. Then there lips touched.

The kiss lasted for about a minute. When they pulled away both of there faces were a bit red.

"I love you, you know that?" He said to her.

"I know, i love you too."

A few moments passed by of them starting into each other's eyes. It stopped when Lukas said something. "So, did you rest well last night?"

"I mean, i guess." She stopped before adding. "Lukas, i haven't been completely honest with you.."

"What do you mean?"

"There's a reason why i fainted and lost balance. I didn't want you to worry about me, but i feel like i should tell you. I know the reason."

"What's the reason?"

"When you fall asleep and go to the dream realm you're not actually sleeping, and when i did fall asleep there was this girl telling me all about my past, so i really didn't sleep for a month now-"

"-And last night i had nightmares.. So i actually didn't sleep. So that's why I've been weak and not walking right." She added on.

"I did manage to get some sleep last night, so i feel a bit better now." She added on again.

"Jesse, why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I- i didn't want to worry you, i really didn't.."

"I'm glad you did tell me, you have to rest."

"No Lukas, i can't."

"Why not?"

"We can't get held back because of me, beacontown is in danger because of me. And we must stop it."

"Beacontown is not in trouble because of you, it's not your fault."

"Yeah it is! I'm the one who chose to run away! Then i got kidnapped! Twice!"

"It's not your fault, i can assure you."

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

"Okay."

"Just please do me a favour and go get some more sleep, we won't be leaving for another couple hours. And you need your energy."

"I'm too scared to."

"Why?"

"I- i don't wanna have nightmares again.."

"I'll be there when you wake up, just please.. Go get some rest.."

"Okay, only for you though."

Lukas smiled at her and she returned it, then she headed back inside.

Sorry for the short chapter! But i wanted to stop here. Besides, it's 3am and i rly wanted to post this! Anyway cya in 30!