Chapter 25

Todoroki and (Y/n) stared at each other in shock, neither quite believing that the other was stood right in front of them.

The young woman's head was racing with thoughts. Was this a trap? Was Todoroki really stood in front of her or was this the league's doing?

The dual hair boy stepped towards (Y/n) and, instinctively, she took a step back. Her boots crunched against the twigs and leaves that were scattered on the ground around them.

"(Y/n)," Todoroki spoke again. Taking notice of her unease he retreated a little, giving her the room she needed.

Shinsou stepped forward, pressing his side against the girls protectively as he held up his sword.

"Who are you?"

Todoroki narrowed his eyes at the hostility the purple-haired boy was aiming towards him. However, (Y/n) spoke up before Todoroki could reply, "He's a friend." Her hand pressed against Shinsou, trying to relax him, "I was travelling with his group as well as Bakugou and Kirishima before we got split up."

Her eyes flicked over to the silhouette of Todoroki and she stepped closer to him cautiously, "It is you, right?"

Todoroki nodded and placed his hand over his chest, "I give you my word. This is no trick. Midoriya and Uraraka are not far from here. I saw a light coming from this direction so I decided to follow it."

Kaminari raised an eyebrow, "Midoriya? As in Izuku Midoriya?"

Todoroki shifted his gaze over to the blonde, "You know him?"

The elemental mage nodded eagerly and sheathed his weapon, "We should gather with his group, we'd be safer with more people with us."

"Hold on," Shinsou snapped keeping his sword raised and pointed at Todoroki, "How do we know he's not lying to us? For all we know, this could be a trap set by the League to lure us in."

"I can assure you, it is perfectly safe-"

"Bullcrap!" Shinsou cut Todoroki off, "This could be a simple cloaking spell, any magic wielder with the skill could do it."

"Shinsou." (Y/n) cut him off quickly, catching his attention, "You're right, it could be a trap. But if it's not I have to know. Uraraka is my friend, I want- I need to know that she's safe. I can't just leave her if there's any chance that she might be here."

The violet-eyed boy narrowed his tired eyes but ended up sighing in defeat, "You're sure about this?"

(Y/n) nodded eagerly, knowing how naive she must have looked at that point. However naive she seemed though, she couldn't keep the thought of her friend from her mind. Knowing Uraraka was okay was all that mattered to her right now.

The young witch turned to face Todoroki who patiently waited behind her. (Y/n) knew it was him, despite having not known him for that long. There was something in the way he held himself that made him stand out from everyone else.

"Take me to her." (Y/n) cringed inside at the haste in her tone, "Please."

Todoroki nodded, glancing up at Shinsou who glared at him suspiciously. The three of them gathered up their things quickly, (Y/n) much faster than the other two boys, and stomped out the fire behind them covering the charred ground with dead leaves.

They made their way behind Todoroki, struggling to see in the darkness. The brief thought of casting a spell to light up the surrounding area was quickly shut down as (Y/n) thought about what might happen to her if she did. Not only would she have to deal with the karma, but also with Todoroki finding out that she was a witch. Did she trust him enough to let him know, she had only known him a day before they separated and he didn't seem like the type of person to think that way, but she didn't want to test that theory just yet.