Chapter 5

(Y/n) smiled gratefully and grabbed her saviour's hand. He lifted her to her feet with ease.

Around her, the other scorpions were retreating back into the sand, visibly injured and leaving trails of blood behind.

There were three newcomers: the man before her, and two more helping Bakugou and Kirishima to their feet.

"Thank you." She said gratefully to him as she brushed the dust off of her dress. He responded with a simple nod and sheathed his sword.

From the sidelines, (Y/n) could hear Bakugou yelling at another boy, "Go away shitty Deku!" The boy was dressed in green from head to toe. Green hair, green eyes, green coat. From here he looked like a walking vegetable.

"Midoriya bro! What are you doing out here?" Kirishima greeted the green boy.

"We came out to get the venom from the scorpions for Uraraka's potions, apparently it has healing benefits, but then we saw you guys. What are you doing this far from the capitol?" He queried, tilting his head and causing his hair to flop slightly.

"Long story." The dragon chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, "But we met someone who's been helping us." He said, pointing in the direction of (Y/n), but she paid little attention to them. Instead, she was focused on the pink-clad girl who stood over Bakugou.

"Ochako?" She called out in disbelief, alerting the other girl.

Her big brown eyes widened and she dropped what she was doing, "(Y/n)!" She rushed over and quickly swooped (Y/n) up in a hug, it felt almost like she was floating. "What are you doing out here? Why aren't you back home?"

A frown appeared on (Y/n)'s face, and she let out a heavy breath. "The guards came."

Uraraka's face fell, "Oh no. Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" She began to fret, checking (Y/n) over like a mother would her child.

"I'm fine, nothing I can't handle." She told Uraraka, gently pushing her off, "I'm just glad you're okay."

"You know pink cheeks?" Bakugou looked at them both, his lip raised slightly like he was disgusted. Uraraka narrowed her eyes at him and put a hand on her hip.

"Is there a problem with that?" She asked sternly, raising her eyebrow. Bakugou stared at her blankly before glancing at (Y/n). He watched her for a moment, causing her to feel slightly uncomfortable under his gaze.

He swallowed and looked down at the ground. "No," Bakugou replied with a childish mumble. He crossed his arms over his chest, "Are we going to get to a doctor or what? If you hadn't noticed, I'm still very much injured here."

(Y/n) sighed, "We'll have to catch up later, I'm helping Bakugou and Kirishima. He's going to need stitches."

Uraraka frowned and tilted her head slightly, "Why don't you just-" A hand clamped over her mouth before she could finish.

(Y/n) lowered her voice to a whisper, "You know why." They walked a little way out of earshot of the others.

Uraraka spoke first, "Why haven't you told them, they'll accept you here. Unlike back home, magic is welcome in these lands."

"It's not the point," (Y/n) bit her lips and grabbed the back of her neck with her hands, "I don't want anything bad to happen. I already got a lot of karma after using it to get away from the Royal Guard, and I don't have anything to make a strong enough protection spell." (Y/n) brushed her toes through the sand absentmindedly as she spoke, "Healing a wound that big; it's going to affect others. I don't want to hurt any more people."

Uraraka smiled sadly at her friend and placed her hand on her shoulder, "You don't have to use it if you don't want to. I'm out of mana right now so I can't heal him, but we can find a doctor until I 'recharge'." She grinned, using air quotes to lighten the mood.