Chapter 21

The boat rocked as (Y/n) looked out over the bow of the ship.

It had been over a week since they had departed from the island, and ever since they left she began to realise how much she depended on the two boys she had left behind. Taking a deep breath she turned around and walked down to the deck.

Surprisingly, the crew had become a lot more comfortable around her and some had even engaged in full-blown conversations. Despite this, she hadn't gotten to know any of them personally, but it made her time on the ship a little nicer and distracted her from the thoughts of Bakugou that crossed her mind.

Ashido grinned at her as (Y/n) strode up to the helm, leaning her back against the railing, "How you feeling this morning? Slept any better?"

(Y/n) shrugged, drumming her fingers against the wood, "A little, I managed to get a few hours in at least." She pushed off from the railing, "How far before we reach The Bay?"

"Shouldn't be too far from here. We're not staying long, Sero just wants to pick up a few weapons from the market before we continue back to the mainland." Ashido returned, lazily leaning over the large wheel, "I think we should get you a better outfit too. Give you a little more flair, you know?"

"Flair?" (Y/n) chuckled, taking off her hat and messily running her hand through her hair, "Such as?"

"I dunno," The girl shrugged, scrunching her nose up in thought, "Just add something more... you." She flicked her hands in exaggeration, a broad smile on her lips, "Oh~ what about a headscarf?"

"We'll see." (Y/n) snorted, glancing around. "I actually wanted to see if I could get some sewing equipment and herbs before I get back to the mainland, for my journey back. Only the gods know what I'm going to come across out there. In fact, I think I would be best to get some weapons as well just in case. If it's true what they're saying, I don't want to encounter the league unprepared."

Ashido nodded, "We can get you a weapons belt as well, get you something to protect yourself and you'll probably be good to go."

Sero hopped up the stairs beside them to take over his turn on the helm so Ashido could get some much-needed rest, "Hey, what are you girls talking about?"

"Women stuff." Ashido responded matter-of-factly, "(Y/n) wants to join you shopping at the bay. It'll be nice having another set of hands, plus she needs some things."

Sero nodded, "Denki will take watch over the crew while I'm gone so you can get some sleep."

In response, Ashido stretched her arms above her head, "Don't let them get into too much trouble while I'm out. If I wake up and my ship is on fire again, I won't be too happy."

"Again?" (Y/n) laughed, her eyebrows raising in amusement.

"It's a long story," Sero replied, rubbing the back of his neck, "involving Kaminari and a whole lot of booze."

The said boy arrived moments later, sporting his long black cloak and a bright grin, "Hey, you can't blame all of that on me. If I remember correctly you're the one who dared me to do that shit."

"And this is where I take my leave." Ashido waved at them. giving them one last eye roll on the way to her cabin.

Kaminari's arm wrapped around (Y/n)'s playfully and he leaned his body weight, "You look dreadful as usual."

"Thanks," (Y/n) huffed sarcastically. Kaminari grinned down at her,

"Don't worry," He winked, "I still think you're hot, even if you won't love me."

"In your dreams, Denki." (Y/n) wrinkled her nose at him and flicked his forehead. He pouted at her and rubbed his forehead as he pulled away from her.