Chapter 16

The rain had been pouring down hard this morning, so (Y/n) was spending it with Ashido in her cabin out of the cold. The ship creaked every time it sailed through a wave, causing some of Ashido's things to slide around. (Y/n) had only narrowly caught a bottle of rum before it slid off the desk and shattered glass all over the floor.

It had been raining often lately, on and off for the past few days. Kirishima had explained to her before that it was because they were sailing into warmer water. He was just surprised they hadn't been worse so far. From what (Y/n) understood, these were light showers compared to what the boys were accustomed to.

She was already beginning to miss seeing the two boys she had been travelling with, it felt abnormal to be unable to talk to at least one of them for this length of time. Though she felt eternally grateful for Ashido keeping her company, the eccentric pink girl just didn't carry the same comforting aura that the boys did. That didn't mean she wasn't entertained.

Ashido had been telling her all about her travels, starting with how she had come to be a pirate, to stories about battling dangerous sea beasts - some of which (Y/n) had never even heard of. By the time Ashido had left the cabin to check up on things outside, (Y/n) was worn out from all the talking. She rested on her hammock, keeping one leg over the edge so she could use it to swing herself back and forth. The room was so quiet now, only the creak of wood could be heard, aside from the gushing waves hitting the side of the ship and the rain pounding on the deck outside.

Just when she was about to doze off, the door slammed open and a gust of air flurried into the cabin. Specks of water hit (Y/n)'s face, making her groan and shield her face.

Bakugou shook out his soaking wet hair and pushed the door shut with a grunt before moving over to (Y/n)'s hammock and stripping off his cape, "Move over, it's fucking freezing!" She didn't have time to react as the boy shoved her to the side and slipped under the furs next to her, shivering. The hammock dipped drastically and (Y/n) almost let out a yelp as she thought it would break.

The boy's red eyes bore into hers as he got comfortable, resting one of his hands under his head for support. She huffed and rested her head back down, relaxing as she looked back at him, "Not much of a greeting." She muttered, letting a small smirk play on her lips. Bakugou grunted in response, edging closer to her for warmth. He let out a noise of frustrated surprise when (Y/n) pushed his cold body away from her, "You're going to get my bed soaked!" She whined scrunching her nose tiredly.

"Stop whining, Dumbass!" He rolled his eyes, and continued to move closer, "I'm cold!" His wet hair hit her forehead when he moved, making her scrunch up her nose.

"You're making me cold, you ass!" She pushed his head away with a chuckle, "You could have at least dried off before you got in."

Bakugou's lips quirked and he leaned his head back against the fabric of the hammock, "Don't tell me what to do, Brat."

"Just because your some kind of prince doesn't mean you can just jump into someone's bed unexpectedly, especially when they were about to go to sleep!" (Y/n) huffed and pulled the furs over her mouth, which made her voice sound muffled.

Bakugou's face softened when he noticed her half-lidded eyes and he lifted his hand to tuck a strand of her messy hair behind her ear.

"Go to sleep then." He whispered, trying hard to hide the fondness behind his words.

Half-awake, (Y/n) hummed in response and finally allowed him to scoot a little closer. However, her warmth could only comfort him for so long before Ashido opened the door to her cabin again.

She stared at them both with a raised eyebrow, a cheeky grin plastered on her lips as she looked at Bakugou, "Who gave you permission to come in here?"