3

"I hate school," Donghyuck complained and flopped his upper body over his desk, head turned to look at his friend with soulful eyes

Chenle silently agreed and patted his back. The classroom was drowsy with late afternoon vibes. The clock couldn't possibly be ticking any slower than it already was, to his dismay.

"But d'you know what? Things seem to be getting interesting for you."

"Hmm?"

Donghyuck's eyes fleetingly observed the occasional spying aimed towards them from the corner of the room, where a few alphas were sitting around a single measly desk, but somehow managed the space well. "Why has he been watching us since this morning? I wasn't going to mention it, but..."

And Chenle also wasn't going to mention it either but Jisung wasn't overtly subtle about it. In fact, he didn't even seem to care if his friends noticed him keeping his eyes on the pair. "You mean Jisung? I don't know, but let him be. I'm sure he'll get tired of it by tomorrow."

"Maybe he likes you or something." Donghyuck's arms were covering his mouth but Chenle could still sense the slight smile from him.

"Obviously not. His dad is Mr. Park, and he was put up to this by him."

"...Mr. Park? Who?"

"Oldy."

His eyes visibly lightened at the understanding and he nodded his head against the table, showing that he knew who the mentioned man was. He'd never met him because he was a law-abiding citizen and had no need to be near the police station, but his name had been brought up a few times in conversation whenever Chenle recounted his many run-ins with the police. "Your substitute father."

"Ew, no! Don't say that."

"What? That's what he sounds like to me."

Chenle shut that down quickly. He felt his gaze tentatively shift to the group in the corner of the room, curious as to whether or not he was still being watched. It was a strange situation — being asked to befriend someone. And what more, it wasn't as though either of them were struggling for social acceptance or were being outcasted. Jisung's eyes were in his general direction, possibly on the desk beside the pair, because when they made eye contact the taller boy appeared taken-aback that it was being reciprocated. "Weirdo," Chenle muttered and regained conversation with Donghyuck.

"I dunno, I don't think he's bad."

"...Jisung? Why?"

Donghyuck shrugged and sat up, squishing his back against the back of the chair with his arms still reached out and hooked around the edge of his desk. "Rumour has it."

•・•・•

He's still at it, what the hell?