Chapter 55

Sam could not believe this was happening. He was kissing Jade. And Jade was kissing him back! Sam had kissed Jade gently and then pulled back to check if he was sure about this. Jade's reciprocation was instant, Sam would have thought that Jade hadn't kissed anyone in ages but he certainly wasn't complaining.

Sam felt Jade hold him in place with his arms around his waist and one on the counter to steady them. Sam's fingers were busy digging into Jade's hair. Jade had tried to kiss down his neck but Sam was going to take this slow. No matter how convincing Jade's lips got on skin, he would take this slow. When the lid of the pot fell down from the stove, Jade snapped back. Sam, was quick on his feet, he got off the kitchen counter, stirred the soup, tasted it and turned off the stove.

Sam had turned to Jade with a spoon in this hand. Jade was just staring at him.

Sam : Taste?

Jade : Oh, right.

Sam brought it to his lips carefully. Jade took in the warm soup and it tasted perfect. Not a lot of things but perfect. He smiled.

Sam : Like it?

Jade : It's very good

Sam : The chef accepts kisses

Sam leaned in to kiss Jade and Jade chuckled softly.

Jade : That was... something

Sam : I've been thinking about doing that for sometime. Now that I have, I don't think I'm gonna stop.

Jade (smiled at that) : You've been thinking about it?

Sam : Ofcourse I..

Bee : Hey there! Soups ready?

Jade instantly put distance between him and Sam. He resumed cutting vegetables while Sam gave Bee the update. They had prepared most of the dishes, only the last minute snacks like fries and drinks remained. Bee thanked Sam and Jade profusely and Jade smiled at her...his mind still on the kiss. Sam came up to him as soon as she left.

Sam : Why are you into potatoes

Jade : What? Oh...it's for the fries.

Sam took a chopping board and started cutting the remaining potatoes.

Sam : Well when we're done, is there anything you'd like to do?

Jade : I have to pee.

Sam (looking up with a smile) : well...after that Jade. What do you wanna do after that.

Jade : Oh... I'm not too sure. I was just going to wait for them to return.

Sam : Well, while we wait... We could do some shopping...what do you say?

Jade : this seems like an odd time to shop. Besides, I don't know if the last god would be okay with that. She seemed angry at Aeck when he'd trailed off.

Sam : Viri never gets angry. Trust me, especially not at me. Besides, I'll keep watch over you! I splash water and stuff...it's very (making dramatic hand gestures) effective.

Jade just laughed and nodded. Well now that he had kissed this dragon, he might as well go shopping with him.

They left the inn at late noon and walked around streets. Sam had a hat on, to avoid drawing any attention to his hair. Jade thought he looked too good to not notice. He liked walking like this, in his human form, it had been a while since he'd done it in broad daylight.

Sam : So...what's your...style?

Jade : What do you mean

Sam : You know...do you keep it classy, muted, colorful or are you experimental? With your clothes I mean.