Cheer squad (kate)

First day of school, at a brand new school. I wasn't gonna get to attached because I know I'm gonna move in a month. My mom drives up to the school and stops the car.
"Ok, honey have fun. I love you, and look out for the cheer team ok."
"Why, we're gonna leave in a month anyway."
"Y/N, don't say that I want this job to be good so I can actually keep you in one place. So I wish you luck, and you wish me luck."
"Good luck mom, bye." I sigh closing the door.
I walk up to the office and walk inside. It's a small office with chairs along the wall and posters that encourage success. I sign in and sit along the wall.
      "Y/N L/N, please come with me."
      You grab your bag and walk into the tiny cubicle. There was a black haired girl in a cheerleader uniform.
     "So Y/N, this is Kate. She is in the same grade as you.  Kate is gonna show you around school. She will show you your classes, and will sit with you at lunch." The principal explained.
     I nodded, I grabbed my bag and headed out with Kate. It was quiet for a while until we got to our first class.
"Ok well this is Mrs. Johnson's room, AP science. Don't sit in the back because you will be able to smell all of the football players, and don't sit in the front because you will get called on." Kate explained.
"Where do I sit?"
"Here you can sit with me and my friend Simon. He's weird but nice."
We go through the class to her friend and sit down. I grab my book out of my bag and put it down.
"Y/N, this is Simon, Simon, this is Y/N."
"Hi."
"Hi, anyway do you have any Vicodin?"
"Simon! Quiet!" Kate said hitting Simon.
"Vicodin? The drug?" I question.
"Yep, so you gonna join any clubs or sports?"
"I might either gymnastics or baseball-"
"You do gymnastics? Forget that join the cheer squad, all you gotta know is the basics. Cart-wheel, handstand, oh and you can't be afraid of heights." Kate interrupted.
"I never thought of that, maybe."
"You must, please I'll be your best friend." Kate insisted.
You rolled your eyes, "fine."
"YAY!!!" Kate cheered grabbing your hand and squeezing it.
You look down and start to blush, you were excited to have a friend or more.