Cheer-meet (Sam)

It was the night of the football game, well actually the night of the memorial for Heather and all the other Shadyside victims. So no football and no cheering. Mayor Goode and Sherrif Goode were talking about their times spent in good ol Shadyside. I was standing by Kate and Simon when I saw Sam standing by a boy across from us.
I knew her and Deena had just broken up, but I could still talk to her...right? I walked over and tapped her shoulder.
"Hey Y/N! Good to see you, not so much at a time like this tho." Sam whispered.
"Yeah I know, how has Sunnyvale been for you?"
"Oh it's so b-"
"She's way more happier here, no more Shadyside trash to keep her behind." A boy groaned.
"Peter! Sorry, about him. But this is my boyfriend Peter." Sam sighed.
"Boyfriend? Wow."
Sam knew where I was going with this. She knew I was Deenas best friend, but I was also hers. I bit the inside of my mouth and smiled.
"Oh cool you seem so happy. Well I gotta go, Deena is waiting by the buses and I think she's upset right now." I hinted to Sam.
Sam got the message, and nodded. I turned away back over to Simon and Kate. Sam then walked towards the bathroom and goes to find Deena. As Sherrif Goode was speaking Peter started yelling.
"It's not a tragedy if it happens every week!"
All the Shadysiders looked at him in shock. Then one started yelling back at him. It ended up in a fist fight. Peter punched me and Kate, and Simon got kicked in the groin. We were cheering in the bus, Deena was the only one quiet.
"Hey. So you and Sam talked."
"Yeah, I gave her, her sh*t. Then she proceeded to talk crap about me and my dad. So happy I dated her." Deena whispered.
I didn't know what to say. I just sat there and hugged Deena. Deena then got up and went to the back of the bus, I followed.
"What is it Deena?"
"Sam and those Sunnyvillers!" She said shocked.