Date week (older nick goode)

For angelinakostic_4

       Nick had just dropped the kids off at the school. They were gonna be going on a field trip to a science camp for a week. Today was the first day they were gone. We would actually get a date night. I was cutting vegetables, when I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.
       "Hey, did you go back to sleep after you came back?" I laugh.
      "Maybe, I needed sleep. They asked parents to drop them off at 4:30 in the morning." Nick groans.
      I laugh at his tiredness. I put the vegetables in the frying pain and mix them with the eggs. I put a thing of coffee in front of Nick who has his head  hidden in his arms. I smile and knock on his head 3 times.
"Wake up sleepy head, you gotta eat and go to work."
Nick ignores me and just groans in response. I lean down next to his ear.
"If you wake up and go to work, we can go on a date tonight. All alone, no kids." I whisper.
He immediately brings his head and his eyes are wide but tired. He does a tired smile to show he is awake. I laugh and kiss his forehead. I put a plate of scramble eggs in front of him and sit next to him.
"So date night, wow haven't had that since..."
"Since our honeymoon." I replied.
"What are we gonna do?"
"Dinner and movie?" I suggested.
"Yeah. After work I'll come back here and pick you up."
"Ok."
Nick finishes his breakfast and coffee and stands up.
"I gotta get ready, I'm running late." Nick mumbles running up the stairs.
A few minutes later he comes running back down in his Sherrif uniform. He comes behind me and kisses my cheek.
"Love you, see you tonight."
"Love you more." I smile.
He runs out of the house and into his car. I finish my eggs and coffee. Then watch some tv. A few hours of work and then I had to start getting ready. I ran upstairs and went to my closet.
"Ok date night, dinner and a movie. With the man I've been married to for 13 years. Get it together Y/N." I mumble to myself.
I tried on a million of dresses with a million type of different shoes. I found the perfect dress.

(This is the picture only for the dress)

I did my hair and makeup, and put on a pair of black heels. I sat down on the couch and waited. A minute later I hear the door ring. I jump up and run up to the door. I open it as fast as I could. Nick stood in front of the door in a white button up and black pants.
       "Wow you look nice, did you change at the police station? I laugh.
       "Yeah, wow you look amazing. Come here."
       Nick pulls me by the waist and kisses me.
      "Let's go, you ready?" Nick asks.
      "Yeah." I whisper.
      He leads me to the car and opens my door.
      "What a gentleman Mr. Goode."
      "Well anything for you Mrs. Goode."
      I get in, and then he runs over to his side and got in. He drove out of our drive way.
      "What movie are we seeing?" I ask.
      "Candy Man."
      "A horror movie, how romantic." I joke.
      "You said you wanted to see it, so of course we are gonna see it now because the kids are gone." Nick explained.
      We got to the restaurant and got out of our car. He led and opened the door for me. We got seated and ordered our drinks.
       "This is weird." Nick smiled.
       "What?"
       "Being on a date, not being with the kids. I just want to call the science camp and ask how they are doing." Nick sighed.
      "Ok thank god I'm not the only one. I miss the kids so much."
"Ok we have to stop thinking about the kids, they are fine." Nick insisted.
"Yeah let's order Our food."
I picked up a menu and flipped the pages.
"They have frog legs here!" I whisper.
"They have veal." Nick whispered.
"Is there anything "normal" on here?"
"They have lobster...nope you know what. Waiter...check...CHECK PLEASE!!" Nick yelled.
       I laughed as Nick was freaking out. He payed for the drinks and grabbed my hand and led me out of the restaurant.
       "Where are we going?"
       "The first place we met."
       We get in the car and he immediately starts driving. He pulls up to a fast food place.
        "The Burger Barn?"
"Yeah that's where I met you. I was in a rush, and you were working there that day. I jumped out of my cop car. Ran in and ordered and didn't realize it until after that there was a beautiful girl working here that day. So I-"
"Kept coming back, and eating here. I didn't realize what you were doing till you asked me out." I laughed.
      "So what do you want?"
      "Our usual."