The duff (nick goode x female reader)

A/N- so I've been watching the duff ever since it came onto Netflix so I wanted to write a fanfic on it.

So I just found out I was the duff of my family. My sisters Cindy and Ziggy are the most popular and pretty. I found out by someone I hate, Nick Goode.
Nick Goode told me at dinner that I was the duff of the Berman family and all my other sisters were hotter and good looking. I hate Nick. After that I ran to my cabin and went straight to bed. Ziggy came in to check on me but I ignored her since she probably would laugh if I told her what Nick said.
The next morning

I got up early and put on some clothes. I walked outside to an empty courtyard and the smell of rain. I walked over to the dock and sat with my feet dangling above the water. I close my eyes and breath trying to hold my tears in. I couldn't hold them any longer. I quietly sobbed as tears kept coming and coming.
"Y/n? You okay?" Nick appeared behind me.
I wiped my tears with my shirt. Then fixed my eyeliner.
"Yeah, I'm fine. You can leave now, it's not like you care anyway." I said getting up and walking off.
Nick grabbed my arm and pulled me back.
"That's not true. I'm sorry for calling you "the duff" that was rude and mean of me. You are gorgeous just not as much as Cindy or Ziggy."
I rolled my eyes and slapped him. I then gave a face of disgust.
"F*ck off you d*ck!" I said walking off.

Lunch

I hadn't spoken to Nick or anyone else for that matter. I was sitting in the back of the dinning hall when Sheila came up to me.
"Hey duff, how does it feel to actually be a duff? I wouldn't know." Sheila laughed.
"Yeah sorry to tell you this Sheila...but you're dating a duff. Everyone says Will is one of the least hottest Goode family members." I said with a mocking smirk.
Sheila rolled her eyes and mumbled a "whatever" while walking away. I chuckled to myself poking at the food in front of me. That's when No Nick Goode slid onto the bench in front of me.
"So you think I'm the hottest Goode brother? I mean it makes sense, anyone thinks I'm hot." Nick joked.
"You might be hot, but you're not boyfriend material to anyone. You're rude, selfish, self involved...and...and...that shirt you're wearing is to tight!!"
"Sorry, I tried to find a tighter one but that would mean shopping in the baby section." Nick joked.
"Ew." I said walking away.
Nick smiled to himself as he watched Me leave the table. I went off to the craft room to draw, it calms me down. I had been drawing for a couple minutes because I didn't see Nick leaning against the door frame.
"Hi."
I dropped my pencil and flinched. Realizing who it was I continued drawing. Nick came closer and sat down in front of me. He watched as I added details to the drawings and he admired the little pencil marking for details.
"You're really good at that."
"Thank you."
Nick continued to watched me draw getting more and more fascinated with how I drew. I set down my pencil and got up. Nick followed. I put my sketchbook back when I felt Nick behind me a few steps away. I turned around and gave a confused smile. He smirked at me and came closer.
"You know I actually don't think you're a duff. I think you're amazingly gorgeous." Nick said.
"That's very sweet Nick."
"See you're not like any other girl. When someone compliments you in a sweet way you return it nicely. You don't just bat your eyes and flirt some more. You're not like Joan or Cindy, you're different. That's why I want to kiss you right now."
I turned back around and put away the pencils and pens I used. Nick came closer and came so I could see him at my side.
"I never should have called you the duff. I like you and want to kiss you. Can I?" Nick asked.
I thought for a second, then nodded. He leaned in and kissed me. I tried kissing back but couldn't. I left the kiss immediately. My hand went to my mouth covering it.
"Sorry I can't do this. I can't." I say.
          I run out of the craft room and all the way back to my cabin. I shut the door and flop on my bed. I think and think to myself wondering what just happened.  I get up and walk back and forth around my cabin. I hear a knock on my door.
          "Yeah who is it?"
          "It's me, Nick." Nick mumbled.
          My eyes got big and my heart started pounding. I walk up slowly to the door and open it.
        "Yeah?"
        "It's time for all the counselors to set up for the camper party. Kurt told me to come get you."
        I nodded and went to grab my bag. I walked past Nick and walked as fast as I could. I meet up with the other counselors and started setting up the tables. I looked over and saw Nick flirting with Cindy. She had just broken up with Tommy so of course Nick had to swoop in. I rolled my eyes and continued setting up. Nick noticed and walked behind me.
         "Jealous, wow who knew I could make thee y/n jealous." Nick whispered into my ear.
         I tried ignoring him but couldn't contain my blushing.
         "See you at the party tonight." Nick said walking away.
         I watched him walk away. Cindy and Ziggy came behind me and poked me on each of my shoulders.
         "Does y/n have a crush? What do you think zig?" Cindy teased.
         "I think so. Our own sister has a crush on the Nick Goode. Mother would be so ashamed." Ziggy laughed.
         I hit the both of them on the shoulder, but laughing out of pure joy.
         "So you gonna go to the party now? Well if you are you need something to wear." Cindy smiled.
I returned the smile, and started laughing. We all walked to my cabin and closed the door. Ziggy and I sat on my bed while Cindy went through my closet.
"Now we begin."

The party

I walked towards the dining hall, my arms linked with Ziggy and Cindys. My dress was gorgeous. Cindy couldn't find anything so she sewed something really fast.

The dress:

         The three of us ran into the dining hall and looked around the colorful lights flashing, and the music booming

         The three of us ran into the dining hall and looked around the colorful lights flashing, and the music booming. Everyone looked at the three of us. Nick turned around and saw me standing with Cindy and Ziggy. He gave a little smile, and a wave. Cindy and Ziggy walked away, giving a little thumbs up. Nick came over with his hands in his pockets.
          "Wow y/n you look amazing. I mean wow."
          "Thanks. You look great yourself." I smiled.
         It was silent between us for a minute when he took my hand into his. I looked down and then back up at him.
         "Y/n I do love you. I want to be with you."
         "I can't I'm sorry." I said letting go of his hand.
         I walked back over to Cindy and Ziggy who were near the dj.
        "What happened? You look hot, did he say no?" Ziggy asked.
        "I did. I can't be with someone who called me a duff." I mumbled.
        I looked over at Nick who was standing with Kurt taking sips of his drink. He looked back with a face of heartbreak. Kurt ran up on the stage and started hyping up the campers. I crossed my arms and did my best to ignore Nicks stares burning right at me. Nick was getting pissed off and was sick and tired of this ignorance. He set down his drink and ran up the stairs of the stage.
         "Nick what the hell? What are you doing?" Kurt questioned.
         "Kurt shut up and give me the microphone." Nick said with a stern tone.
         Kurt raised his arms in a annoyed way. Nick rolled his eyes and looked over at me.
         "Y/n I'm sorry for what I called you. I should've never said that. I've been a jerk for the past few days."
         Everyone looked at me then over at Nick. I just blushed uncontrollably and hid my face.
         "Y/n I love you. You might think I'm crazy for saying that. Well then so be it. I'm crazy in love with you. I have been since the first time you became a councilor here. I came up here to ask you something. Will you be mine?"
        All the campers and counselors were mad. I walked up the stage and Nick met me at the bottom of the stage. I looked up at him and grabbed his hand.
       "I love you Nick." I whispered.
       He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back. I smiled into the kiss and took his hand. I ran with him behind me dragging him outside. He pulled me back and brought me closer to him.
       "You running off on me already?" Nick smiled.
       "Never."

A/n - sorry it's so cringe.