Chapter 14

Right Under Your Nose

I COULDN'T STOP THINKING OF HER. 

The night before was a dream, she submitted to me so quickly and didn't mind me tying her up- 

I rubbed my temples and leaned back on my office chair, and just to my luck, a knock at my door appeared. 

I stopped working from home, I needed to get away from some things. My father made the beautiful decision to stay long-term. I had to get away from him one way or another. 

"Sir- Mr. Vaughn" My new assistant Holly entered, "You have a meeting with Mr. Yung at 12:30, a conference at 5:30, and some papers to sign" 

I signed and nodded, she rushed out after that. I looked at the time, a quarter till 5. I got lucky with Holly, she was happily married and had two toddlers that were just a bit older than Karah and Sage. 

I wonder how everything was back home, I reached for my phone and dialed Alexandro's number answering almost instantly 

What up!    

I sighed but answered nonetheless, "What is that in the back?" It sounded almost like music. 

Oh, we're having a dance party here in your living room! Sage is really busting a move with your girlfriend.

I smiled at the thought of my little boy dancing...wait, my girlfriend? 

"What girlfriend, Alexandro?" I replied and he scoffed.

You know exactly who I'm talking about, It's almost my turn gotta go!

I stood shocked when he hung up the phone, I reviewed some more papers before another knock on my door appeared. 

"Mr. Vaughn...Mr. Laurent is here to see you" My head perked up at the name. 

What the hell was he doing here? And right after I found out that we have a French rat in our possession. 

"Let him in," My father said the best tactic was to remain as if we knew nothing if they struck we would have the upper hand being prepared already. 

"Don Roman" The man entered clad in a black suit with a normal stripe tie. 

He wasn't old but he was sure heading there. 

"Jacob Laurent" I replied suppressing a glare at him, "To what do I owe this pleasure?" 

A pleasure my ass           

"I presume you are going to my annual gala?" He smiled a cheery grin, The annual organized crime gala. 

It was kind of a big thing, who am I kidding- It was a huge thing. All leaders, second in command's, wives, and side hoes went to the gala. 

"Will your daughter finally be there?" His daughter- god knows her name- never went to this gala. Rumors said she wasn't allowed for some reason, people said she was the ugliest woman alive and Jacob couldn't uncover the burden.