Chapter 3 - The Devil in the Kitchen

I woke up and saw I was in my room. The sun rays penetrated from the windows as the curtain flapped in the wind. A warm aroma of tea lingered in the air as my brown cup stayed at a side. A yawn escaped from my mouth as I stretched my back. Perfect morning with a perfect black tea. 

Wait!

Tea!

I snapped my head at the bedside desk. The brown mug from which I loved to drink my favorite black tea was there as vapor rose from it. My brows knitted on my forehead as I cautiously took the cup. 

It was hot as if the tea was made just now. I took a sip. The raw flavor of tea touched my tongue. Just perfect!

I looked around but no one was there. I shrugged as I sipped again. At least enjoy the tea while you can...

Then the last night's memories flashed before my eyes. The cheating, the bar, the contract and the devils... Most importantly, Callahan.

Nah! I must be very depressed about the cheating. That was why I had dreamt all of those things. Releasing a breath I sipped again but a noise caught my attention. I halted.

Outside of my bedroom door, I heard my utensils were being used. My blood went cold. Who could have the nerve to do a burglary in broad daylight? 

I slowly got up from the bed leaving the cup on the desk. My feet touched softly on the floor as I went near the door. My heart thumped as I heard someone open the fridge. Fridge!!!

I made pudding!

I barged open the door and dashed toward my kitchen and saw a naked man—well, he still had his trousers on—a half naked man stood facing his back toward me as he was taking something from the fridge.

"Who are you?" I shouted as the man turned around and his back muscles clenched with his movements creating luscious dreams a girl would imagine. His long hair fell on his shoulder as he finally turned around.

It was Callahan with a sharp knife in his hands. He looked as if he was going to murder someone with how the edge of the knife glinted. His green eyes washed over me as he said as a smile crawled on his lips, "Good morning, sweetheart. Had a good night's sleep?"

So it wasn't a dream.

"Nope, it wasn't a dream." He said as he went over the kitchen slab and cut the onions in a very chef-like way. 

"How did you enter?" I asked.

"Through the door." He said and shrugged, "Well, I can pretty much enter without a door if that's what you prefer."

"Wha—" I felt puzzled as I tried to remember what happened after our contract but no matter what everything was blank. "Why are you here?"

"How can I leave my contractor alone?" He said.

"And why are you...naked?"

"I could ask you the same thing," his eyes moved from my face to my bottom as he added, "However, I like the view."

I looked at myself and saw I was in the black lingeries that I had brought for Fred to surprise. I gasped and tried to wrap my hands around my very revealing body to hide from him. But Callahan's lips curled up in a devious smirk which reminded me of his devil form. Which was sexy...

I could not find anything near but a cloth lay on the couch, I grabbed it and wore it immediately. Surprisingly, it was a big shirt. Releasing a breath, I turned around toward the sexy devil and said, "Now, can you just leave? I am having a very dreadful day and I want to spend my time alone."