Chapter 46 - The Devil Brothers

Callahan's POV

As I sensed the intense power coming from the festival ground, I left immediately. My heart thumped and my instinct screaming in my ears.

I knew that familiar power so well. The strong, domineering energy that could make anyone kneel before them. It was doubtlessly Almorach. My jaw muscles clenched as my whole body transformed in my devil form.

I knew Carson was there as my instinct howled and I immediately reached where I sensed the powers coming form.

I looked around and saw Miorith was there. No sign of Gretarioth and I had sent Droy to protect Andrew. And definitely no signs of any other devils.

"Where is Gretarioth?" I asked, my voice turned cold and harsh.

Miorith was in her devil form as well. Dark skin glinting in the night with two horns resting on her head but they were smaller than mine and a tail wiggling around her legs while her long black hair which were in a thick braid rested onto her thighs. She seemed cautious as her sharp hollowed eyes moved everywhere finding for the enemies.

"No clue. He said he needed to go and left." Miorith said I narrowed my eyes.

"Where could he have gone?" I thought as many notions ran into my mind.

Gretarioth had all the access in my domain and he had the same power as me--slightly lower but he was exactly a carbon copy of me if not for his cocky attitude and careless behavior. And of course, his intent of killing me which he had never done. Or maybe, he did?

Could he be the one who got into the secret library? He had all the access and as he was my brother, I never questioned his movements.

My heart clenched. Would he really go to that extent to kill me? For what?

He never showed interest in ruling Hell. He would feel bored and I knew he didn't like to work. He was a lazy brat.

There was that feeling that told me he wouldn't do something like this. He wouldn't steal the orb and welcome Almorach to kill me. If he really wanted to kill me he would do it with his own hands.

He was my brother and even though he hated me, I knew what he was like.

And at the same time I felt an intense emotion of being scared and I knew who it was. It was Carson.

My eyes went round as I was about to go but two devils came there immediately. They reeked of powers and although their skin color was light-ish brown, they somehow got their powers.

"Not so fast, Lord Devionth." One of them said as his canines peeked and I looked at the direction where I felt Carson's emotions running wild. She was scared.

Had Almorach got to her already?

I cursed under my breath. Why did I have to ignore her?

I could have protected her if I was with her.

"Don't worry, your little human is fine." The other one said, smirking. "Lord Almorach has some other plans for her."

My brows twitched as my claws came out. I needed to go to her but I had to make sure they didn't come in my way.

I said with an amused smile, "Following a cowardly Lord. You amuse me."

They laughed. "Cowardly? How so? You were the one who took that throne with trickery!"

I shrugged. "Well, that's called trickery which is not cowardly at all. You can't complain if I get more powers, can you?" I mocked and now their jaws clenched as they sneered at me. Good.