Chapter 37 - The Devils go to her hometown

Callahan and I were waiting at the entrance of the airport, all of our tickets were in his hand.

We arrived early as we didn't have breakfast at the apartment. We did it on our way and now we waited for the others.

Miorith and Droy came together as one of Droy's men dropped them. They could have come with their demonic powers but even they decided to play human but for Gretarioth...he just crashed in a blink.

"Alright. Let's go." Callahan announced and we all followed him.

We put our bags on the checkpoint and they checked us then we entered before the counter.

It took us one and a half hours to reach the waiting area. We sat as they announced our plane was one hour late. Droy and Gretarioth groaned.

"Why can't we just go with our demonic powers?" Gretarioth asked in a frustrated voice.

"Just wait and enjoy." Callahan said while sipping on his smoothie.

I narrowed my eyes on him. "When did you get that?"

"Just now."

"You get to use your powers while we can't?" Gretarioth growled.

"Use it and get smoothies, then." He sipped again.

"It is just one hour. Just sit and relax." I said because he was getting agitated.

We waited and finally our plane arrived and we went there. We took our seats and coincidentally we all were in the same row. I narrowed my gaze at Callahan again. Yet he said not to use powers.

All through the ride, Callahan was quiet which was unusual because he would at least make some comments. It made me a little worried.

I waited until he said something but he didn't. I even chanted burritos yet he didn't respond which led me to think that he was thinking of something that wasn't a good thing.

After waiting for hours I was losing my patience as I finally asked, "What happened?"

Callahan looked at me with a pair of questioning eyes. "What do you mean?"

"You are too quiet. You haven't said anything when I chanted burritos." I said.

Corners of his lips curled up as he asked cockily, "So you were worried that I have finally stopped reading your mind?"

I gaped at him. He may have been teasing but I was worried. He wasn't wrong! I was getting too accustomed to him reading my mind that it felt surreal for me when he didn't do it.

"Don't avoid my question!" Yet I avoided his question.

He released a sigh and leaned back on the seat. "It is nothing. It is just...my instinct is going bonkers lately."

"Err... Okay? So...?"

"It feels like someone is...watching or keeping our tracks from the shadows. Especially my tracks." His jaw muscles clenched and I noticed the tension in his shoulders. "Yet, I can't get my hands on him." He said through his gritted teeth.

Then it clicked me.

"Is that why you have arranged our seats so near?" I asked.

He looked at me and then his eyes moved to others. I could see, with his one move, he could see them. He leaned again and nodded.

"Then why did you make them go with a plane? You guys could have reached faster if you had used your powers." I asked.

"I am checking if they can still track us. Using our powers means we leave behind our traits of energy. They can track us easily but as we go without using any powers, while I keep removing the small amount of traits we have, it is harder to know our traces. So I am checking if it works or not."