Chapter eight

I was just getting out of the shower when I heard the beloved sound of a new message. The phone was still lying on my bed. I stood naked in front of it and watched the little red light blinking. My heart was beating up to my neck and my hands were shaking. My fingers touched the black display and I briefly closed my eyes.

Doubt, uncertainty and shame poisoned my mind. What had I done? Why had I done it? What does he think of me now? These questions spun incessantly in my head. It was good. No. It was not good. What made me think it was good?

It was fantastic. Sensual and erotic. The air crackled and I felt so free. So free and detached from the worries and fears. The doubts and dark thoughts. I didn't wonder if my skin was too pale or if he found my chest hair disturbing. I didn't wonder if my muscles were firm and my stomach tight enough. I didn't wonder if my kisses were enough to unleash pure lust and hot passion. I didn't ask myself if he found me beautiful.

I let myself fall and my head was empty. Simply free. All the questions had disappeared, blown away, driven away as if by magic. And yet a last bit of doubt remained.

I slept peacefully that night. More peacefully and soundly than I had in a long time. With a smile on my lips I glided into the world of dreams and there a man with beautiful caramel-colored skin was waiting for me. I slept so quietly because with trembling hands I read the message from my beautiful stranger. And only at the end I realized that I had been holding my breath the whole time. Relieved, I exhaled and just let myself fall on the bed. With my face buried in the pillow, I tried to get my wildly beating heart back to normal rhythm. Eventually I succeeded and read his message a second time.

Copperfield
My dear RobinHood.
At the risk of it being weird between us now I still wanted to tell you that I enjoyed it incredibly much. You have a really beautiful body. And not only your body is beautiful. Also your soul and your thoughts are in harmony with the words you give me a small miracle for me. For a long time I have not felt the way I do with you. I love your words. They delight me every day and put a smile on my face.

We don't know each other, we are basically strangers and yet I feel very comfortable thinking that this experience will not remain unique.

Sleep well my pretty one. Dream something nice.
Your Copperfield

And after my lungs were filled with enough oxygen again, I replied to his message with slightly shaky hands.

RobinHood
Dear Copperfield
Thank you for your words. It really means a lot to me. Sleep well.
RobinHood

Throughout the day my mood has been excellent. How could it be any other way? Last night was so wonderful. When there was no reply from Copp in the morning I saw my last message and felt like slapping myself. What had I written there? A bit poor for the fact that we had a sex adventure together. Even if we didn't see each other during it. He deserves more than a simple thank you. Sighing, I began to write and like every time, my frank words surprised me.

RobinHood
Good morning dear Copp
I hope you had a good night's sleep. Because I definitely did. And the reason for that, was definitely you. Our little adventure was sensual and erotic. I more than enjoyed it. I can justifiably say that you took my virginity. It was my first time sending photos of myself to another man. Nude photos, that is. And strangely enough, I felt good about it. I didn't expect to feel that way. But in your presence, if you can describe it that way, I feel like I'm free. I can talk to you openly and honestly about so many things. I love it and I wish that our friendship will not get a crack because of last night.

Thinking about last night makes me feel hot. My fingertips start to tingle. Is it perverse of me to still have a movie playing in my head? I should stop now.
Your RobinHood

Nervously, I sit in Hunters Moon waiting for my sister. Her shift will be over any minute and she wants to talk to me. I can guess what about. Even though I'm not quite as mad at Izzy anymore, of course I want to hear her explanation. I'm watching a couple, she a tall pretty Aforamerican woman, he a handsome man with black hair and Asian features. I can't make out his face completely, he's sitting at a bit of an angle to me. But I like what I recognize. The two seem very familiar and laugh a lot.

An oppressive feeling spreads through my chest. I never had a problem being alone. The men don't get along with my kind at all. So why bother to fall in love when they'll be on the run after a few weeks anyway. But when I watch the couple back there at the window, the desire to swap places with the woman sprouts up in me.

"Hi Alec", I hear Izzy say softly. I smile slightly and she sits down next to me. Izzy is a strong personality. Quite the opposite of me.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." She blurts out and I reach for her hand. She's shaking slightly.
"What exactly?", I ask.
"I should have just given you your phone. But I couldn't resist the urge. When I was in the bathroom the message came and I just had to look at the display. The name is unusual and from what he wrote I got curious."

"He sounded concerned and you seem to know him better. Yet you don't have a friend besides Jace." And there's a reason for that. I'm not the social type, after all.
"Are we getting to know him?", asks Izzy, and I roll my eyes.
"We're not a couple. We're just messaging each other." Izzy nods.
"Listen. My phone is off limits. I have a personal life, too. It's not as exciting as yours. But I do have one. I want certain things to be private. Even though we've always been honest with each other. You've always been there for me. So has Jace. But Copperfield is private."

With a penetrating look, I take another apology from her and give her a kiss on the cheek. I don't like arguing with Izzy, and she knows it.
"Will you accompany me to Clary's party later?", asks Izzy suddenly and I promptly start to sweat.
"No", I reply quickly.
"Oh come on. Simon's working and he'll join us later. Jace is there too. Please." She looks at me with her puppy dog eyes and her big round brown eyes. I have a big heart.
"Okay. I'll go with you", I say. Izzy claps her hands happily and falls around my neck in jubilation.
"Maybe you'll meet a nice man, too." I slump back in my seat with a sigh. That was so obvious.