Chapter 19: Hidden Sorrows

✌Edited chap✌

You regretted what happened yesterday. You were late and when you arrived, there were no guests anymore. There were a lot of blank spaces seen. Remember that sorry note? You don’t know if she will forgive you for being late.

You sighed and decided to move on over it. You changed in a pair of ripped jeans then a plain (R/C) shirt. You wore a pair of doll shoes then the bracelet which has the words Stay Strong. You ate an early breakfast then left ahead of the Hamada brothers. You just walked and it took you so long and you stayed on one corner of the street. You stayed there but then you noticed a car stopping by you. You looked and it was the maserati that you’ve ridden before. You saw your father coming outside the driver’s seat.

“Dad...”

“What leads you here?!” he said surprisingly. “You’re not supposed to walk alone. Where are you going?”

“SFIT.”

“Did Cass know about this?” he asked but you shook your head in embarrassment. “For sure she’ll be mad at you. She has to know.”

“Dad, I’m leaving. I have to go there. Bring me to SFIT.”

“Okay.” he replied then he told you to hop in and ride going to the university. You both talked. You missed the moment talking with him.

“Dad, I miss you.”

“So do I, (Y/N). How’s Tadashi and Hiro?” your dad asked. You gulped a lot of times and stared by the window.

“Tadashi’s really... good. Hiro, I don’t know.”

“What?” he asked surprisingly. “Anything wrong?”

“No, dad. He’s okay,” you answered showing that forced strength in you because you don’t want to let your dad know that he has completely changed.

Your father noticed that you’re not as okay as before. He took a brake and talked to you, “Shut up, (Y/N). You don’t seem okay.”

“Dad, it’s alright! I-I’m fine,” you answered forcefully.

“Are you really okay?” he questioned once more. You couldn’t take it anymore because of the questions he asked. You were so occupied with a lot of things in your head and that is what you never wanted.

You decided to stop your dad by raising your voice, “Dad, can you please just stop?!”

At that exact moment, your father stopped talking and never said a word. He looked at you worriedly. You just gave him blank glances and looked also at the window of your car. You saw the SFIT logo then unlocked the door and rushed. You went out but your dad holds you back, so you couldn’t go.

“(Y/N), we have to talk,” he said forcefully.

“Dad, enough of this!” you said then pushed his hand away, walked out and slammed the door. You walked by the stairs and sat there. Remember the past days that you left early. It came back again. Right now, you felt alone, again.

“I am such... a terrible friend!” you sobbed, burying your head in your shoulders and started to cry. “Why was I late in that party? If only I could do everything just for Heidi. I am... such... whatever.”

“Hey, (Y/N),” someone called from behind. You didn’t lift your head yet.

“Anything wrong?” he asked. You were familiar with the voice. You knew it.

(A/N: Please play Secrets cover by Maddi Jane on the Multimedia section.)

You breathed and gave up crying. “No, T. Nothing’s wrong. I’m okay.”