Chapter 54: Rejection

(One week later)

It has been a week since Professor Roberts' funeral happened, and you remembered his death happened even at his birthday. You asked yourself, Could this have been possible?

It was totally hard to get over it. You felt sorry for him, especially for his family. Callaghan's plan really made sense, but you don't know right now what he's up to. Professor Roberts was his first victim. Hope his next victim wouldn't be you or your dad!

All the students felt sad about his death even if they don't personally know him. They would get the chance to meet one of his family members and give their condolences. You gave a condolence note to his family so that you would help cheer them up.

Today's a Monday and you noticed a lot of changes. No Professor Roberts. Just Professor Callaghan monitoring over all the students. Some people feared him because of his death stares and devilish smiles. You could actually relate because you have experienced it. Though, you have to be conscious and alert. Anywhere, he could show up.

One thing intrigues your mind. Is he related to Green Evans? Because every time you look at him, you thought you would be killed. You thought you would be in danger. You're not sure.

You then decided to forget so much important things and walked to your lab to continue producing some voice-controlled chemistry balls. You then became bored one more time then you took a selfie. Click!

"I am tired of life," you muttered and heaved a sigh. You turned to your left and noticed your friends sitting on the floor with sadness plastered on their faces. You decided to join them so that at least, you won't be alone.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Fred started.

"Hey," you replied and sat with them, "anything wrong, guys?"

GoGo blew on her nose. "Professor Roberts? He died. How I really wish he's in heaven. I felt sorry for his family."

"I know," Honey replied, and noticing her green eyes filled with anger, she protested with controllable rage, "so, why should Callaghan be here? He should pay for what he should be doing!"

"Yes," you replied, "My father should know everything about this. He... he shouldn't trust Callaghan in everything. He will end up betrayed."

Wasabi just looked at all of you sternly then sighed. "Honestly, Prof. Roberts is innocent. He doesn't deserve that thing happening to him. Why should it?"

"I don't know," you replied sadly, then sniffled, "Maybe Callaghan has deep hatred on him, that's why he killed him."

GoGo was then surprised at your answer and started to warn you, "(Y/N), this time, you need to be more careful. Callaghan is being more suspicious than expected. Always go with us whenever you are leaving. I don't want you to be his next victim."

"Well, I won't allow that," you replied firmly.

"And make sure that your father is not his next victim, too," Honey added, "Callaghan is in the process of annihilating your family."

"Well, I don't know," you answered sadly, "Two of my members in my family died even before."

"Who were those?"

"My brother, Nathan, and my mom." You shed some tears and wiped them in an instant. "I didn't know why this has to happen."

"I think it would be best if your father married someone else," Wasabi suggested.

"Yes," you answered, "but he didn't. He still couldn't get over mom. Until now, he's still hoping to see her."

They all shook their heads and sighed.