Chapter 67: Second Chance

As you and Hiro continued walking at the dark halls, you were walking fearfully at the same time courageously. How could you describe a person who is both positive and negative at the same time?

Damn.

Pretty well, you were looking at the views, and speaking of the darkness, you can somehow see something even if you know everything's unseen. Then you started to hum Flashlight.

I got all I need, but I got you and I

I look around me and see sweet life

Stuck in the dark, but you're my flashlight

You gettin' me, gettin' me through the night

And how you totally felt that midnight with Hiro was quite okay. You didn't forget his hug awhile ago, but you could sense that he's kind of serious for his feelings for you. At first, he might be joking, but the truth now is he isn't playing jokes anymore. He wants to prove that he lied to you.

Somehow, you knew some things about him.

As you both entered the room, you landed on your bed and fell back to sleep. Hiro pushed himself on his mattress and fell asleep. The rest of the day, you forgot about your nightmare.

The next day, you got up, although it was late, and you fixed Hiro's bed. You were expecting Hiro's mattress to be messy when you realized he organized it already. "Lately, that idiot has been organized," you mumbled and sighed. It was a moment that you saw a note lying on the floor and you read it.

(Y/N),

I am totally, totally sorry for what happened recently in midnight. Well, maybe, I was just busy joking around with you, but I think I should pause and stop having fun with you for now. Okay? I messed up.

Again, I messed up.

-Hiro

"Hiro," you wondered, "what are you trying to say?" You crumpled the note, threw it everywhere and cleaned your mess. You got up late, like before, since you have to go to school.

You got down, then approached Aunt Cass in a hurry. "Hello, Aunt! Gotta go have breakfast."

"Alright, dear," she replied. You started to serve food for yourself then munched some food. "So, how's your fever? Did it go down?"

"Mm-hm."

"I see, darling." She then turned towards the kitchen sink and turns back to you. "And, I bet you got well."

"Um, yes, Aunt…"

"And, wait, were you the one screaming this midnight?" Oops. Hope you remembered the times that you screamed. Not again. I keep on screaming every time nightmares are attacking me.

You shrugged. "Um, yes? Yes, I did. Sorry, Aunt."

"Was it a monster? A giant?"

"No, Aunt," you answered, "i-it's a nightmare. Really. Green killed my dad there." She started to feel bad about it and facepalmed.

"Your dad…"

You wondered what she's going to say. "Aunt? I'm sorry?"

"Your dad… is really a good friend of mine… and a lot of people. I don't know why most people are taking advantage of him." She continued sobbing. "(Y/N), so much people admire him for his hospitality and kindness. People say before that he's a criminal. Some still believe he is."

You cried. "Why, Aunt? Why?"

"(Y/N), they blamed your father for killing a professor's daughter," she said. Mysteriously, you knew it. You somehow got the hidden clues she was talking about. "But he wouldn't do that." Her tears ran down her face and you came to comfort her.