Chapter 31.1: State Dinner

✌Edited chap✌

"Really, T?" you wondered. "Am I the one?"

"Of course," he replied, sounding somehow seductively. You blushed, but then gazed at the stars once again. "Did you know that the stars are actually big that when you view them from here, they are small?"

You looked at Tadashi once more and wondered, Stars are big?! Unbelievable. But you said in lieu of your thoughts, "Really? Wow. I didn't know that."

"That's one amazing thing about the stars." Tadashi then stroked your hair and played with it. "Can I play with your hair?"

"T, you already did," you said teasingly. "You can do it. Just don't pull my hair so hard."

Later, Honey and the rest of the gang returned to Tadashi. "Um, sorry, Dashi, we have to be leaving."

"Going home?"

"Yes," she nodded. "We would need to rest."

"Alright then," Tadashi replied and bid them all a nice goodbye. He returned to you once again and you, this time, you started staring at the stars. You were amazed at its brightness, but you didn't feel yourself sleeping and right now falling on Tadashi's arms. "Oops, oops," he giggled while catching you and carried you bridal-style.

"Let's go back and go to bed, (Y/N)," he whispered. He went to your room and tucked you in bed. "Good night," he whispered and walked out. Tadashi went to his other room and lay on his bed with eyes open. Woah, he thought, (Y/N)'s perfect. I like her, really, but I cannot reveal it to her first. He was able to fall asleep.

▶ ▶ ▶ ▶

It was the next day that your father needs to go to work early so that he could prepare and practice his speech for the congress later. That's why he skipped his breakfast but the good thing is he drank his coffee and ate some of his healthy biscuits before leaving home.

As he went to the presidential office, he then started to work there. He had a set appointment with Professor Roberts regarding the future showcase in this academic year. Professor Roberts just sat by the waiting area until he gets called by the him.

A few minutes later, Professor Roberts was called by your father. He went to the office of your father. Your father gives him a sly grin. "Good morning, Sir Roberts. Have a seat." Professor Roberts shyly sat down and fixed his necktie.

"So, Sir, what should we talk about these days?" he inquired.

"About the future showcase," he answered. "Do you have any other good plans about it?"

"The showcase, yes," he then released his hankey and wiped his mouth, "it's a lot like thesis defense."

"Oh, okay." He then drank his bottled water. "Is the audience only the professionals?"

"No. The audience is everybody, so there will also be professionals."

"I see," he replied and sighed. "Um, okay. In that, I may suggest if our lawmakers, especially I, can come."

Professor Roberts chuckled. "Why not? I would like you all to come, especially you. You can see your daughter."

"And I'll be proud of her," he said then slammed his pen on his desk. "Anyway, so deal?"

"Yeah, deal," Professor Roberts agreed. He stood up to leave. "It has been a pleasure," then he chuckled, again, "to talk with you. Thanks a lot, Sir."

"You're always invited here," he said politely and offered him a cup of coffee.

"No, thank you," Prof. Roberts rejected his coffee nicely. "Some other time."