Chapter 22: Cards of Fortune

Everyone started clapping on Namjoon's speech and some of the students were also giving death glares to Y/N. Because she was literally having a bodyguard for herself, and some of the students felt like she is being treated differently from them but some understood that she doesn't have her powers yet, and Jin is not helping the team or Y/N, he is just there to protect her.

The members of each team stood together and started making strategies. Team A had the least members but everyone in the academy knew that they could do anything and there are high chances that they will win, so everyone was trying to target them. So different from others, Team A was just laughing and making jokes, not serious at all. "Aren't we going to make any strategies." Y/N asked as they looked so calm and careless in her point of view.

"We don't need any, everyone will be going on different paths, and no one knows what's gonna come in front of us. There is no point in making strategies as it will only confuse us." Jungkook said to Y/N with his poker look. She nodded her head in understanding. "Kookie, can we talk!?" said Tzuyu with her pleading eyes. Jungkook felt anger after seeing her but he agreed and they went somewhere private, a little far from others. Y/N felt a sting in her heart on seeing Tzuyu with Jungkook after hearing the story.

"What do you wanna talk about!?" His voice was literally filled with anger and Tzuyu flinched at his sudden burst. "Why didn't you talk to me after coming from headmaster's office!?" she asked with her big puppy eyes. Namjoon told her everything that happened in those 5 years as she has lost her memory. She wasn't a superior back then but she has all her powers and is still as powerful as before, when she lost her memories because you can't forget your powers. She knows that she is a superior now.

"I got to know that we broke up, it's fine but can't we still be friends!? Did something bad happen between us, Kookie?" She was dying to know what happened between them but Jungkook's anger kept growing and he calmed himself down knowing that she does not remember anything. But still, she broke his heart. He remembered that she was not as cold as she was because of her memory loss.

She is still that girl who used to get bullied by everyone. The love that he had in his heart for her wasn't gone. He still loved her but Tzuyu of present, Tzuyu who comforted him 5 years ago, Tzuyu who understood him, Tzuyu who helped him to come out of his depression. But knowing that this girl has broken his heart once, she could do it again, even if she has lost her memories. So, he was afraid to fall in love with her again but this time if she betrays his love, he won't be able to overcome it.

But he decided to give her a chance of becoming his friend, because if she is her friend, she won't be able to break his heart. He was angry for sure, but he remembered that she is still that weak girl and there is a spot, even a small one, for her in his heart. "Fine, i can be your friend, but don't expect something more from me. It is hard for me to see that face of yours but i will give you a chance. And what happened in the past is long gone, we are not 'one' anymore."

She sadly smiled and hugged him but he didn't hug her back afraid that his emotions will take control of him. She mouthed him a thank you and they went back to their teammates. Everyone was worried and Rose, Jisoo, Mark and Ari were also there to wish good luck to them. Everyone was worried for Jungkook but he gave them a reassuring smile that he is fine. But deep inside, he was not. Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, suspecting something. She didn't want him to break down again.

"Come on guys, the entrance is about to open. We have to choose our paths, let's go." Taehyung said as he motioned everyone to follow him. Everyone nodded and started to follow him. Other teams were already there, smirking towards them and Team A wasn't afraid of anyone. They stood at their spots and Hoseok came in the center to announce something.