10. Wavering heart

Jungkook drove the car, anxiously tightening his grip on the steering wheel. His knuckles turned white, his eyes on the road driving safely towards home.

I wanted to tell him, everything was fine but he was partially responsible for signing off the paperworks without even consulting me .

We rode in silence, soon the car pulling over before the apartment. He parked the car while I took the elevator to reach before. Opening the door I flopped on the couch, exhausted from frustration given to me.

After few minutes I heard the clicks of his shoes against the floor, walking behind me towards the room. I turned my head and saw Jungkook tugging the hair strands behind.

"Hey, Jungkook..." He stops and looks at me." What?" He said coming closer to you and sat across you.

"Nothing,just you tugging the hair strand behind is weird." He understood what I meant and quickly braked a rubberband and tied up his hair."Don't laugh, you are no different."

I sighed. "So what now? I mean you did signed that trash but... You know... How we gonna survive this?" I fiddled with the fingers while avoiding his stern stare.

Rolling his eyes he sighed," Nothing much, at least we have to keep it a secret and for that we have to act like nothing changed, everything is just like usual."

"But for that we have to exchange our roles in daily life? Are you willing to send me to the company as you?"

"Do you have any other option?" You shook your head side to side."Exactly, we have to, otherwise not in my conscious I would've sent you there." He taunted.

"Better watch your mouth or I'll ruin your imaginary reputation." I warn him but that only triggered his ego. He went out of control and said,"I dare you Mrs. Jeon!"

I don't know why but my stupid heart skipped a beat for him, the way he named me was different, more like commanding and realising me that I belonged to him.

When he realised what he said his eyes widened and he mumbled," I'm sorry."

I felt angry because for the first time he made me feel special but he took away that moment so easily from me. And I felt hurt because I knew we were about to get divorced and there wasn't a point of me taking his surname.

"It's okay, Jungkook. I understand and I also know we can't skip it until seven months, not for us but for people we are still a couple, thus we would have to act like a happy married couple."

He nodded."Then let's begin the plan. We would love each other though it would remain just an act, fulfill the rules and not let anyone know about the contact, okay?"

"Yeah, okay. Let's get started then. I'll go wear the suit and leave for company."

"And I'll go do nothing." He again teased me, flopping on the couch, making me cross my arms over my chest and stand in front of him.

"What happened? Aren't you going to leave?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Huh! Do you think being a housewife is an easy task? Then you're wrong. Go wash the dishes, make me my breakfast, wash the clothes and before I come back I want my dinner ready."

"Yah! That's a lot physical work. I can't do that."

"C'mon, you could do this much. It's the least I told you to do. Also, I am going to tell the employees to send me the file on your email, so when you have free time check your mails because you don't want a painter to manage your business deals, do you? "

"God!! I didn't thought about that. That means I have to do both house and office work. That's not fair."

He sulked but that gave me more amusement. I pitied him because I know how hard it would be for him to do that alone.