37. My perfect better half

It was so surreal that I couldn't believe I was finally a father. I dropped down on my knees and cried with happiness. I had never been so happy before. Jaemin hugged Chaeyin, Namjoon did to Hoseok and Jimin did to Seokjin while I stood up watching the nurse coming out with the new born baby.

My baby, my blood that I made with Y/N. The baby that once grew in my womb, a lost piece of mine which would complete me.

I beamed with happiness when I saw the baby wiggling in her arms. Despite the care of nurse the baby started crying. His high pitched baby cry was echoing in the corridor that turned heads towards us. We were immediately asked to keep quite since other patients could suffer. The nurse tried to rock him but that stubborn never stopped. She then was walking upto me for help as I stood up to hold him for the first time in my embrace. So spreading my arms I waited for her to handover him to me when Jaemin blocked her way and tried to hold the baby first.

His intentions were nice though, he just wanted to calm the baby. I knew it was a moment of joy for him so I didn't bulged but thinking that I wouldn't be the first person to hold him made me feel empty.

I sighed, curling my fingers and was about to drop my arms when the baby disappeared from the nurse's hands and came in my arms. I was quick enough to catch the love of my life.

Jaemin turned around in surprise and Seokjin gave him a glare." Firstly, dad then uncles. We all are in line but you can have him after Jungkook, either way later I'll feel guilty for erasing your memories about our magic."

Jaemin listened to him, though didn't understand the meaning of any of his words and nodded.

I firmly grabbed the baby close to my chest. His sobs automatically stopped when I rocked him. He was so similar to me, my xerox copy but with some difference.

He was sleeping in my arms while his face and body were slightly pink. I couldn't believe he was my baby that I nourished in the womb. I got to be his both, mother and father. A tear rolled down when he wrapped his palm around my thumb and I sobbed right there, not caring everyones stare on me.

"I love you baby, I'll always will." I kissed him all over his face earning a wiggle from him.

With that I snuggled him more into me and gently continued rocking him while keeping him against my skin, in my protective care.

He looked so similar to me, as I was in my baby photographs.

I smiled while sitting on the bench with everyone around. They gathered around me and were amazed to see how small the baby was.

"Looks like he figured out his appa's warmth."said Jimin.

Taehyung answered him." Duh! Jungkook is his dad,of course he could distinguish between Jungkook and others."

A grin spread on my lips, satisfied with my baby's recognition skills. Few minutes later the doctor came out from those doors.

He came closer to me and said," Congratulations, Mr. Jeon on being a father. Your wife has given birth to a healthy baby. By the way your wife will wake up after few minutes because she is still tired from parturition and switching process."

"Can I see her?"

"Yeah, sure but make sure to not disturb her. "

I bowed followed by him before he went away to check on his other patients. Jaemin patted my shoulder, looking in my eyes." Go meet her, she needs you. My parents and Mr. &Mrs Jeon would be coming here any time since I called them few hours ago. "

I nodded and carefully handover the baby to his uncles who were patiently waiting for their turns to hold the baby. I trusted them, especially Seokjin who was like a God father to my baby.