12. Bitter to better

JUNGKOOK POV

She was definitely fast in making food but now it's a pain to do all the chores. I did told her that it was just a mere of flick but indeed household seems unexpectedly hard. I went to have a bath wondering how would she manage there on my behalf.

I sighed resting my arms on the hips and went to clean the dishes which still had the stains from before. After doing that work I further decided to vaccum the floor. And God it took me two freaking hours at my top speed to finish that, neglecting the back pain I had my all attention was on the emails that started popping out.

How could she expect me to do all by myself? Am I a machine or cyborg to do these things in her behalf? Seriously this freaking switch was killing me.

Right at the noon I finished all the work, exhausted from all the left work that drained out of energy. I landed on the couch resting my arms on the back with parted lips to inhale large amount of oxygen. But the luck wasn't on my side.

The door bell rang and I frowned, sulking on who could it be in this damn hour. I forced my legs to march towards the door. After unlocking it I slightly open the door witnessing my neighbour Mrs. Han with her son. Her smile was so wicked as if she wanted my liver or something, giving me goosebumps.

"Hello, Mrs. Han what do you want?" I said.

"Oh Y/N dear is it something to ask? I want you to take care of my son until I'm gone."

I looked at her son, who I knew was totally naughty, that's why I hate kids like him who do nothing but increase unnecessary liabilities.

That lady tried to push the door open but my grip went tighter to not let that kid in.

"What are you doing Y/N? Let him in, I need to go."

I thought,'Then go I'm not stopping you, in fact I don't care if you go or not but that doesn't mean you'll leave that boy with me to exhaust me to death.'

"I'm busy today, maybe tomorrow I would help. Why don't you take Mrs. Choi's help? " I was about to shut the door but then she said," What are you busy with girl? If you hate my child then say directly on my face, don't make excuses to get rid of it. Huh! It's just for few hours but look at you being rude to an innocent. God knows how your husband handles you..." She sighed making a disgusted face.

What the heck was she speaking? And who was she to comment on how I treat my wife! Well, I could say that I didn't wanted to babysit the kid but wasn't his mother's duty to take care of her baby. She and her husband were his parents then they should take his responsibility instead of leaving their kid with the neighbours for 24x7.

She was supposed to ask for a favor from me, not order me like she hired me as her servant. I know we should help each other but that doesn't mean she would start commanding me.

"What a shameless wife you are!"

That was my triggering moment.

"Who are you to judge me? You yourself aren't a good mother. Everyone in the society know you use me to handle your kid then leave for kitty parties, those meetings are just your excuse, aren't they?" I calmly said that but it sting her to hear the truth.

"How dare you! You seriously don't have any manners, god knows how you got married with a Jeon!"

"Well, that's none of your business because even if I didn't they would've never chosen you." I grinned.

"You little piece of -"

"Mrs. Han? Ju-... Y/N? What's going on here?" I turned around and saw Y/N coming towards us. Y/N bowed to the lady making her smirk watching me. I was confused on why she passed me a devilish smile until she said," Thank god, you came back home. We were just talking about you."

"Me? But I just came early because I had some things to deal with."

"How wonderful, a diligent hardworking husband unlike his wife. Could you please tell her to take care of my kid until I'm gone, sweetheart because I know you would have to leave soon too."

I looked at the woman in disbelief. She really thought that asking the man would change a thing then she's wrong. I did scolded Y/N for letting that kid in, but I never forced her to do something without her will.

"Umm... I just told you that I had to deal with something right? Well, today I want to spend some quality time with my wifey unlike your husband Mrs. Han" She came closer and pushed the door a little to enter a bit. "So excuse us." She pushed me back then closed the door at her face.

I cross my arms and raised my eyebrows. " You lied to her. We never decided to spend quality time. " She rolled her eyes then plopped on the couch. "I know but did you had a better excuse? Just go with the flow. I saved your bloody ass before you started a cat fight with her. Use your brain not tongue to fight with old la fiesta, they take the double meaning of everything then blame you for misbehaving, hence, always sugar coat your knife before stabbing."

" You know a lot about it."

"It's called experience. Time teaches you everything. And by the way I came because I had nothing to do. Taehyung told me he would handle some paperworks and the rest are on your email. Have you checked your emails?"

"No! I almost forgot about it. Now it's almost three o'clock how am I gonna do that now!!! "

"Gosh, you're so forgetful. Wait, why don't you go start checking the files, leave every other thing to me."

"Okay." I went to the bedroom to do the work in my laptop until Y/N took a shower. She came down in a hoodie and shorts like I used to, going downstairs after closing the door.

It was a tiring task but was my interest, I checked about seventy per cent documents in four hours when she called me to have the dinner. I went down and was surprised to see only one serving.

"Where's your?" She turned to me with paint stains on her fingertips and face, from the corner of the living room.

"I'll have it later." " But you shou-" She ignored me, resuming her artwork and I did not bothered to bug her anymore. I ate the food silently watching her and cleaned the dishes before leaving her. I came back in the room and closed the door behind feeling uneasy about her starvation.

Hence, I decided to check on her after completing the work I got.

Two hours later I relaxed after sending the files back to each of the employees. I sighed then went downstairs to do what I promised myself few hours back. There she was sleeping on the couch with chopsticks in her hand. Indeed she was looking cutest one though not the prettiest. I mentally cursed myself for feeling that for my face but it wasn't my face but the way of her usual careless sleeping position.

I went closer and found the bowl of ramyeon on the table while her parted lips had the stains of spices. I took the chopsticks off her fingers and took the bowl away to wash them. I came back with a wet towel, gently cleaning her lips without disturbing her sleep, then I brought a blanket and covered her with it.

Though I know it was my body lying there but just her soul being inside it makes me excited for no reason. She took my side which I wouldn't had if I were on her place. As I started to understand her struggles it makes me feel bitter that earlier I didn't treated her better but from now I would.

My lips curved up into a slyly smile and I brought another blanket to cover myself and drift to sleep on another couch beside her, because I didn't wanted to sleep in that room while she slept downstairs, as if I were in my body I would've lifted her in my arms and brought her to the bedroom but stucked in a smaller body restricts me with few limits.

Next morning I woke up early and made a simple breakfast of sandwich and juice. I cleaned properly, then went to wake her up for the first time.

I hesitated to touch her but gathering the courage I shook her arms.

"Y/N, wake up. Get ready, you have to go office."