Chapter 4

Elise's POV-

When I got home from the campus, I slipped up to the attic while Kylo waited for me in my room. I found a box of my dad's old clothes that didn't fit him anymore because he was kind of fat now, and carried them down to my own room. Luckily, no one saw me. I closed the bedroom door carefully behind me and dropped the box onto my carpet.

"Here" I gestured to it. "I don't know if people will see a floating outfit if you have these, but you need to have something other than that ridiculous costume to wear"

"No one will see the clothes" he smirked. "And costume? It's a uniform"

"OK, whatever" I gestured to the door. "I gotta go down for dinner, so just stay up here and don't be loud"

"No one's going to hear me, Elise" he kept staring at me.

"Well don't...knock anything over, I don't know" I waved off before heading back outside my room without saying anything else.

I ran downstairs since my parents had both been calling up to me, and tried to act as normal as possible.

"How were classes?" my mom asked.

"They were good" I hummed. "We have a test in history class next Monday, though"

"At least you have a whole weekend" my dad handed me a plate and gestured with his hand at the pan of chicken.

"True" I agreed, taking the tongs and placing one of the drumsticks on my plate.

I could smell the red pepper and barbeque sauce stinging my nostrils.

Oh, shit, did Kylo need food, or something?

"Yes, of course I do, what do you think I am? Not human, or something?"

I felt the tingling in my head as I heard his voice. It made me twitch a little. "Uh, yeah, you told me you're dead, so..."

"I'm dead, but alive in the Force"

"Are you ok?" my mom asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah" I shook my head. "Sorry, I just have...a lot of work to do tonight" I got a couple more pieces of chicken so I could take my plate to Kylo after I was done.

"Are you not going to eat downstairs with us?" my dad frowned.

"I can't fail this test" I told him. "It's worth 40% of my grade cause it's a mid-term"

He scooped some green beans onto my plates, nodding slowly. "Alright, well go study, then. Glad to see how focused you are"

"I'm trying" I smiled at how easy it was to get out of eating with them, but I saw my mom give me a skeptical look as I turned around and left.

Quickly, I ran back up the stairs and opened the door to my room. But I wasn't expecting what I saw. Instantly, I whizzed back around and slammed the door shut, my face flushing a little at seeing him finishing pulling on a black T-Shirt.

I knew he was fit, but he had literal abs, that I felt like I wasn't supposed to see for some reason. It was really kind of hot...not gonna lie. 

"Thanks" 

"Oh my gawd" I risked a peak, and turned back around to face him when I saw that he had the shirt fully on. "You really need to let me have my brain to myself"

"I don't know, it's kind of entertaining" he smirked at me in a way that only seemed to make me annoyed.

"Don't flatter yourself" I mumbled.