Chapter 16

TRIGGER WARNINGS: INTENSE EMOTIONAL SITUATIONS.

Akira's POV

I was over at May's house one day after school. We were 14, sitting on the couch. We were watching TV snacking on chips and candy. She turned to me, "I heard your dad convinced you to get into Archery."

"Yeah" I replied, "I like it, but with the classes I'm taking and mage training, it's a lot, ya know? Even if I don't wanna be a mage...I feel obligated."

She giggled, "You can do it. It's like an hour of practice a day, plus tournaments. You'll be fine. He gave you his crest, didn't he? You have to now. The family line depends on you, can't just abandon it" She turned to her bag and pulled out a small box, "Anyways...Here, for your 15th birthday. I know it's in a couple days but I don't know when we'll be able to hang out like this again."

I took it from her, "You didn't have to..." I opened it to reveal a blue celtic cross on a silver chain. I could feel the mana emanating off it. I smiled looking at her, "It's so cool" I put it around my neck.

She smiled, "My mom and I have been working on it for a bit now. It's filled with mana like mine, should you need it for emergencies." She giggled as I pulled her in for a hug, "I love it, May" I kissed her head.

"Ya know, I've noticed you've been wearing tighter shirts." She said as she pulled away, "I know it seems random and really left field but is there a girl you're trying to impress?"

I chuckled "You could say that. Why? You like?" I stood and twirled for her, laughing as a blush came to her cheeks, as I started to do a striptease, "Akira, stop! You're so bad!"She laughed.

I laughed too, "What? You don't like?" I came over to her as she hid her face in the blanket and slowly got on top of her, "You're cute when you blush, you know that?" I smiled down at her, letting myself get lost in her emerald eyes.

My eyes open and I sit up, running a hand through my hair. I feel the cross hit my chest. Looking at it, I pick it up and twirl it in my fingers, "Maybe I can convince her that Archer isn't a good option" I let the cross fall as I look over at the time, 2 am. I stand and put on some jeans as Saber appears, "What are you doing, Akira?" She asks as I go and open my door.

"I'm going to plead my case to May. I'm not going to give up on her so easily."

"Very admirable of you, Akira. But you know how Archer is with her...and he's always with her. I have my doubts he'll even let you in the room." I stop, one foot out the door. A part of me knows she's got a point...but I have to try. I nod, "I understand, but I have to at least try." I go out into the hall and make my way to her door. I freeze as I hear voices on the other side. I come over and put my ear to the door.

"Mmmm, Archer...." I hear her moan.

"You like that, Mayumi?" I hear him reply. Oh god no.

"Archer...." A pause "Fuck..." She whines. I feel my heart drop. I want to move but I'm frozen in place. My mind races as I try to figure out what's happening but a part of me knows exactly what's going on, just not wanting to accept it.

"Do you trust me?" I hear him.

"Of course I do.." She sounds out of breath. Please no...wake up, Akira, wake up. I close my eyes, It's a dream.... "I didn't know servants wore boxers." I hear her giggle.

"We're not animals, May." The next thing I hear is her take in a slightly pained breath, "Easy..." I feel my world start to fall apart as what I'm hearing chips away at the hope, "We go at your pace, May." I hear her moans pick up and with that, my world collapses completely. I feel tears spill over as I go to the room and grab my shoes.