Chapter 18

May's POV

I watch the scene around me. The caster in front of us, Archer to my left, Lancer next to him, my dad on my right. Wait, Where's Akira? My hands ball into fists, He's gonna get it when I get out of this. I look to Hana sat in the chair. I can't underestimate her because of the blindness, if anything I have to be more careful. I look to Archer as he looks right at the enemy servant. He's not in peak form, neither am I. I know that if it came down to it, and he becomes too weak to fight and my own mana is low, I'd have to use a command seal to send him away. This is such a shit situation.

*Archer, You've got my support.* I give him a small smile, *Withdraw if you feel you need to, alright?*

*No promises....Stay safe, Master. Please be careful.*

Caster brings a stone book of sorts to his hand, "Enough dilly-dallying." I see him open portals behind him, different runes arching over the open book. I watch as wands peek from the portals, firing spells in Archer and Lancer's direction. Archer puts his arms up, the spell deflected by his swords as he's pushed back. Lancer swiftly moves out of the way, going straight for Caster, his spear met with a large axe. I look to Archer but before my eyes land on him, I'm flung against a wall, "Fuck...seriously?" I take in a sharp breath as I look over, seeing Hana walking toward me. My dad throws daggers at her but they're stopped mid path, "Foolish priest..." She says as the daggers clatter to the ground, "Have a seat will you?" She forces him down and wraps a glowing chain around him.

She stops in front of me, "So you're the deviant..." Her eyes are ice blue, "But boy, the mana coming off you is amazing..." I have to get out of this. "Too bad I have to kill you..." I look past her to see Archer get thrown into a far wall, falling into a heap before slowly getting up. I see the blood running down his face, Archer. I see Lancer guard him against Caster's blows as he steadies himself. They seem to exchange words, but I can't catch what they're saying. They then move together toward Caster, seeming to enact a plan.

I look to Hana, "Hey, I love your hair!" I put on my best preppy girl voice, "Where'd you get it done?" I see my dad give me a weird look. I just needed her to let her guard down slightly.

She beams as I feel her hold on me loosen, Amateur. Gotcha. "You like it? I got it done at this small salon in downtown-" Finally she lets her guard down enough for me to get my legs free. I swing them up, kicking her back. With her concentration broken, I come away from the wall, walking up to her, "Never lose focus" I reiterate Archer's words from our training. I punch her square in the jaw but she regains her bearings quickly and kicks my legs out from under me and I feel my back hit the marble, my breath leaving me instantly. I hear my dad call for me but I don't reply, trying to catch my breath as I stand with a groan. My ears fill with the clangs of weapons and the crumbling of stone as the servants continue their battle. I see her move out of the corner of my eye, moving quickly out of the way of a kick.

I grab her leg as she looks at me, shocked, "You're faster than I thought." I throw her back into the side of the stairs leading to the throne, her cry filling the immediate area, "Yeah" I say slightly out of breath as I walk toward her, "that happens when you're trained by a Heroic Spirit." I happen to look up and see Archer barely getting up, his shroud torn in spots. I see him breathing deeply, but the determined look never leaves his features. Damn it.

I go to run to him and feel a hand grab my leg and pull me down, "You think with your heart, not your head." Hana laughs, "Pathetic. Sentiments will get you killed." She goes to get on top of me.

"May," My dad strains against the chains, "training."

"Trace it and replicate it..." Archer's words play in my head as Hana's hands make their way around my throat. I look over as I see Archer and Lancer still going at Caster as he effortlessly dodges their blows. My eyes land on Archer's swords shakily crossed with Caster's axe, Replicate. "Good effort, Archer." I hear Caster say as Kanshou and Bakuya come to my hands, swinging one to hit Hana in the abdomen, causing her to jump back. I take the chance to get to my feet in one fluid motion, taking a deep breath as I catch it.