Chapter 14

TRIGGER WARNING: SEXUAL SITUATIONS. ADOPTION.

May's POV

My eyes open, finding myself on the floor of my mother's room, "What? I..." I stand, "I keep this room locked...." I look down and check myself over, running a hand over me, "I was...I was bleeding and the pain...am I...?"

I hear someone behind me, "No...well not yet..." I watch as my mom walks in, looking healthy, like I remember her growing up. Her hair tied up as usual, her red shirt, skirt and her thigh highs. I try to find the words, "Mom..." is all I can manage as she comes to stand in front of me.

"My precious girl..." She says softly, gently touching my cheek.

"Mom...what's going on?"

She drops her hand, sighing, "You are dying, May." She walks out, beckoning me to follow as we walk to my room. It's dark out, the room dimly lit by a lamp. My eyes fall on me lying in my bed, my breathing slow and rhythmic.

"You look ok on the outside," She starts, "for the most part. On the inside though, your body is fighting against that curse to heal your more severe wounds." She goes to lean on the dresser.

My eyes settle on Archer's coat laid partially over me. Only then do I look and see him sitting in the window seat. He rests his arms on a bent knee as his other leg dangles, looking out at the moon, "Archer...?" The dim light of the room catches the light sheen of tear streaks on the cheek facing me. I feel my heart break, "He's cried over me?" A stoic heroic spirit cried over me?

"As much as he tries to come off as if nothing affects him, he's a big softie where it counts...." She giggles, "he'd never admit it though." She sighs, "Anyways... You've been asleep for a week. He hasn't left your side since what happened. Lancer went back to his master a few days ago. Akira has been by to visit every day...as much as Archer doesn't like it."

"Akira...?" I look at her, "How do you know all this?"
"I'm always watching over you, Mayumi." She smiles a bit, "Anyways, Akira knows your condition. And he knows a way to save you." She looks over at Archer, "But he's reluctant to do it."

"What is it?" I ask, curious.

"That knife damaged some of your magic circuits, affecting your healing, in such a way where they won't heal, not even with Archer's help. So the only way to save you is for Akira to transplant some of his. He was saying that it won't affect his ability because even at his strongest, there are some circuits he doesn't use. But Archer's told him no."

"No? Why no?" I look at Archer, "If that's the only way..."

"You'd think the answer would be easy. But Archer...He's always been stubborn..."

Archer wipes his face, letting out a deep sigh before turning to look at Akira as he comes in "Hey Archer...have you thought about it?" He asks as Archer gets up to come over to the bed.

He sighs, "Do I have your word that she'll be ok?" He asks as Akira comes up to where I'm laying, scanning me.

"You have my word. She'll be in pain for 3-4 days when she tries to do any projection or reinforcement..." he looks at Archer, "But it's important she continues to do simple exercises so the circuits settle with her own." He explains.

"C'mon, Archer..." I say softly as my mom comes up beside me.

"He'll make the right choice." She says, "That or he's without his master."

Archer nods, "Very well. Do what you need to" He stands watching as Akira moves the coat from me, setting his hand on my chest. Archer's shoulders tense but he stays silent.