Chapter 7

Archer's POV

Diarmuid is already rubbing me the wrong way. Something about him irritates me. So much so, the grip on my swords tightens. I know I'm going to get scolded later for revealing my name nonchalantly. I can feel Mayumi's glare set on me and if she's anything like Rin, I'm gonna get an earful, but that's the least of my worries at the moment.

I take a step forward, quickly analyzing him. I have to keep a close eye on the spears. He's more than likely going to rely on the longer one, so I have to stay just out of reach. My lip quirks up slightly before I'm up in the air, leaving him puzzled as he looks around. I come behind him, my swords hitting the metal of the gold spear, watching as he shifts to try and land a hit with the red one, but I duck, kicking him back a few feet.

I keep my eye on him as he comes at me again. Keeping an eye on both spears simultaneously, my swords hitting them as we settle into a sort of dance. He disarms me several times, much to my annoyance, but I keep the projections coming, hitting him again and again, harder each time.

We come apart again, "How many weapons do you have up your sleeve, Archer?" He asks, seething, his golden eyes blazing.

"Enough," I say simply. I analyze the situation. The position of his spears is on the defensive. Could use that to my advantage. I quickly move to his left, the side with the shorter spear, coming at him from that side. I have to finish this before he could use his noble phantasm. I go to strike but feel the tip of the red spear run across my side.

I instinctively fall back, stumbling slightly. I feel the sting of the blow for just a moment before my focus was back on him. I smirk, "Is that the best you got?" My eyes flash to May for a millisecond. She stands, watching, slight concern in her eyes from the blow dealt to me.

"Far from it" The gold spear starts to surge with mana. His noble phantasm. I see him smirk, "This is the end, my dear friend," He says as he raises the spear. I go to move as he throws it exclaiming "Gae Buidhe!"

"Archer!" I hear May call out to me. At the same time, I see five blue jewels glint in the air, coming towards me, hearing her say "Licht, Leben, Kraft bringen einen..." What is she doing? "Schild hervor stark. Um uns zu beschützen!" I see the jewels burst into a brilliant blue light and form a shield around me, sending Lancer flying back before he skids to a stop a few feet away. It definitely slows Lancer's spear down as it starts to pierce the shield. I look and see Lancer turn his attention to May. I growl as I move but not before the gold spear hits my upper right arm, "Dammit..." I stumble, falling onto my side before coming to my knees and standing, grunting slightly in pain.

I try to move my arm. No use. "Damn..." I bring a sword to my good hand and briskly move in between May and Lancer, stopping his pursuit of her, putting my blade up as it clangs against his spear. I hear May panting behind me as she runs for cover somewhere close by.

I glower at Lancer, pushing my blade harder into his spear as he chuckles, "You have a powerful little doll for a master. It's rare a spell can even slow a noble phantasm. Lucky you."

"Not so lucky for you" I go to strike him down but hear someone, "That's enough, Lancer!" I see the blonde boy from this morning coming from the treeline. Lancer backs off reluctantly, an agitated growl coming from me as I remember the events from this morning. May comes up to me, checking my arm, her eyes sad, "I'm fine, Master." I watch as Lancer comes up beside his own master.

"It should've stopped it..." She glances down, rubbing her arm with her opposite one, "I'm sorry..."

I wave off her concern, "I'm alright, don't worry, Master." I see her body tense as she catches sight of the boy, "Daiki" she spits as she takes a step forward, her fists clenching and unclenching in an attempt to calm herself as he stops a couple feet away from her.