Chapter 25

BE AWARE OF INTENSE SIUATIONS 

May's POV

The blood. The smell of iron, the wetness on my clothes, and my skin. The cool air makes my hair stick to my tear-streaked face. I look down at Akira's barely conscious form in my arms, "Akira..." I whimper, looking at his blue eyes, trying to commit them to memory, "Pl-please, don't go...don't..." My voice breaks, "don't leave me..." I blink away the tears.

He coughs, "Don't cry, May...it's ok." I gently pull him closer, a soft whimper coming from him, "It's ok..."

"What am I gonna do without you?"

"Fight, May. Fight this with Archer. Pro-promise me..."

A sob comes from me before I take a deep breath and get control, "I-I promise...I promise. I'll bring you back...I-"

"May, no...don't waste your wish." I watch his eyes lose focus, "Please don't waste your wish on me..." His breaths become shallow, "I'll be with you always...I love you."

I feel him go limp in my arms. I break down, "I will...I will see you again....I promise...I will win this...and I will see you again...I love you, too. I love you so much."

"Mayumi!... Mayumi, wake up, it's ok." I hear Archer's voice as he gently shakes me, "Baby...wake up..." My eyes open to be met with Archer's grey ones and Ryuu's blue ones. I feel the wetness on my cheeks as Ryuu nuzzles against me. I pull him close to me, feeling him let out a sigh as he lets me hug him, running my fingers through his fur as the silent tears flow. I feel Archer run his fingers through my hair soothingly as I let the emotions from the dream flow.

I feel him stop but don't move, keeping my face buried in Ryuu's fur. After a few minutes, I feel Ryuu shift and stand up, shaking off before jumping down. I sit up, slipping Archer's coat on as I go downstairs. I stop partway when I hear Archer talking, Who's he talking to? I go down the stairs enough to see him going through the books in the living room, Ryuu listening intently.

"Ah. Cookbook, perfect." He starts to skim through it, "What do you think, huh? You think she'll like a chicken dish, steak possibly?" Ryuu barks at steak, making Archer chuckle, "Steak it is." He marks off a page before fading as I make my way to the kitchen, seeing him pouring coffee, "Coffee this late in the day?" I ask as I sit at the table.

He brings it over, "I figured you could use it after waking up like you did."

"Good point." I take a sip, seeing him watching me from the counter across from the table, "What is it?"

"You had genuine feelings for him, didn't you?"

Ok, random question...I think. "Um... I'm assuming by 'him' you mean Akira..." I look at him as he gives a small nod, "then yes...I...I did, we grew up together. He was accident prone growing up...it got to the point where after Shir-you died, he would come to me when he'd get hurt...he was always such a baby." I giggle, taking a sip of my coffee, "why do you ask?"

"Your memories...I see them from time to time. He's present in almost all of them, the two of you seemed close..."

"Wouldn't you know that?"

He chuckles softly, "I may remember significant events in my life, Master, but that is not one of them."

"Gee, I see how important I was in your past life..." I joke, holding back a giggle as he looks at me as he thinks about it before replying, "In all fairness, that was a past life. This life...with you is entirely different." He comes over to me and pulls me up from my seat gently, "This life...is what I want. You are the most important thing to me. You are everything I could ever want..." I blush softly as he runs a thumb over my cheek, leaning in to kiss me softly.