Chapter 2

I hold my hand out over the sigil and start my incantation.

"For the elements silver and iron, the foundation stone and the Archduke of pacts. And for my great master Sceweinorg, close the four gates and come forth from the crown."

I see the pendant and sigil start to glow as I continue, "And follow the forked road leading to the kingdom. Fill, fill, fill, fill, fill. Repeat five times. But when each is filled, destroy it. Set" I let my eyes close as the wind starts to pick up slightly, "Heed my words, my will creates your body and your sword creates my destiny. If you heed the Grail's call and obey my will and reason, then answer me. I hereby swear that I shall be all the good in the world. That I shall defeat all evil in the world." I open my eyes to see papers flying around, "seventh heaven clad in the great words of power. From the binding circle, thou guardian of the scales!"

I shield my eyes from the bright light that comes through the room, looking back when it dies down. My eyes fall upon a tall man, white hair, tan skin, clad in black and red armor. It takes me a second to register before I beam, "Yes! I did it!" I exclaim as I put the pendant around my neck.

I see him watching me, "Your excitement is... perplexing" He looks around the basement, "Did it ever occur to you to clean up?" He sighs, "My master is a slob....disappointing." He shakes his head.

My jaw drops, "Hey! I am not a slob, I just haven't had time to clean up.." I cross my arms, pouting, "I barely come down here anyways and for the record, you're the one who blew crap around." My servant's a dick. Mom, what did you get me into? I move my hands to my hips, looking at him, "What class are you?"

"I am an Archer class servant. My deepest apologies for worsening your already awful mess" He rolls his eyes, " Aren't you young to be a master?" He looks at me skeptically, stepping out of the sigil and over to the desk, looking over the various papers and books stacked on top.

I watch as he examines the books and papers, "I am not 'too young to be a master.'" I mock him slightly, "My mother was Rin Tohsaka, I am more than capable of being your master."

I smirk slightly as I see him freeze in the middle of skimming through a book, shutting it and setting it down, "Rin..." He turns to me, "She was an exceptional mage..." He comes over to stand in front of me, looking down at me, "With Rin as your mentor, you have a big legacy to live up to." I look up at him, "I am honored to have you as my master. And I apologize if my previous comment offended you."

I look into his grey eyes, "Come, let's go somewhere to talk..." I walk up the basement stairs as he follows, going to the living room. I sit on a couch as he goes around looking at photos of mom and I. I watch him scan the photos, "She made sure to teach me everything I know about being a mage, my training was.....extensive, to say the least...at least as much as she could before she got sick." I settle against the back of the couch as he comes to sit across from me, crossing his legs.

"She prepared you for this war. It's not a game. A fight to the death until one master and servant remain. And she knew it well," He sighs, "it's nothing to mess with."

I stand, looking at the clock, "She made me aware. Anyways. It's late and I should at least try to get some sleep. Please don't get into too much trouble, Archer." I giggle as I walk up to my room. I sigh and get dressed for bed in an oversized nightshirt, taking the pendant off, setting it on my dresser. I let my hair down, letting my eyes close a second before opening them again.

I nearly have a heart attack seeing him lean against my door, "Holy shit!....Archer... don't do that..." I turn to face him, "How long have you been standing there?" I feel my face grow warm.

"I didn't see anything if that's what you're concerned about," He says as I head over to my bed and get under the covers, "I didn't mean to frighten you, Master. Rest well. I will be keeping watch" He starts to dissipate, "Call if you need me." and then he's gone.

I shake my head before settling my head on the pillow. I think back to what my mom said as I look at the 3 command seals on my hand.

We were in the basement as she looked through the mess of books and papers for anything that could aid in my studies. 8 year old me looked at the stack of reading material as she turned to me, "This will be to start off.." She said lifting the books as she motioned for me to follow her upstairs. She set the books in the kitchen, "And there's one more really important thing... " She took off the pendant and came over behind me as I watched. The jewel rested on my chest before I lifted it up to examine it,

"What's this mama?" I asked as she came back around, kneeling in front of me. "It's the catalyst that'll summon the strongest servant when your time comes to fight the Holy Grail war." She smiled, moving hair from my face, "Your name means true bow..." She paused, "You'll understand why I named you that when the time comes." She stood, going to the books and pulling the first book off the stack, "Come, it's time to get to studying, got a lot to learn" She smiled.

"I get it now mom..." I say to myself, "You wanted to give me an Archer class servant... or more so you hoped to give me your Archer. He seemed to remember you." I smile a bit settling in bed, "I just hope he can get me through this" I let out a deep sigh before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.