Chapter 11

(Chapter 10 in Archer's POV)

Archer's POV

I lay with her in my arms. Even with this only being the second time, it feels right to me. I can't explain it or even fully admit it to myself, but I feel something for the girl who is my master. I'm not sure if it's love, but I know it's something. I lean my head back against the headboard, letting out a soft sigh, getting lost in the silence of the room. A good ten minutes pass until I see her shift beside me, feeling her tense. I look at her as she lets out a soft distressed noise.

"Who's there?" I hear her ask softly. I shift slowly to get a better look at her, puzzled. She grips the sheets tightly, her body tensing slightly. Something's wrong.

I shake her gently, "Master, wake up?"

"You don't know that." she breathes as I get up, going over to her side of the bed. It has to be a bad dream. Who didn't know what?

"Fuck you." She snaps in her sleep, wincing. I shake her again, "Master, wake up..."

She whimpers. "May, wake up!" I shake her a little harder, "It's a bad dream. Master, wake up!"

"Do what you want to me... I will never-" Her eyes fly open along with a scream that fills the room. Her body shakes as her eyes dart around the room. "May?! Look at me." She fights to catch her breath, tears starting down her cheeks, "Look at me, May."

I let out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding when her emerald eyes settle fully on me. I watch her, slightly confused when she checks her stomach for something, sighing. I only can assume that something happened in the dream. I slowly sit down next to her as she sits up, pulling her to me, "It's alright," I say, softly, "It was just a bad dream, you're safe"

She pulls away slowly, wiping tears from her eyes, "Berserker's master. He's coming for me...to get to you." She whimpers.

In my time with her, I had never seen her scared, but when I look into her eyes, I see fear. I sigh, "Don't concern yourself with that, Master. You're ok...your safety is my priority." I stand, "And even if it does happen, I can handle a master." I smirk, looking at her, "Get dressed, I will get you your coffee. I'd like to begin your training early." I leave her be as I go to the kitchen and start making her coffee.

That look in her eyes... she's genuinely scared. I don't know what that dream was, or what happened, but to make her shake like she was, must've been bad. I take a breath as I set her coffee on the table when I hear her coming down the stairs.

.............

I watch her as she struggles to strengthen the pipe, something she did so easily yesterday. I sigh, continuing to observe her. I tilt my head as she continues to try, her determination is admirable. She continues for another half hour before I hear the metal pipe clang against the wood floor, causing me to look up.

"Ok, I can't..." She sighs, clearly frustrated. She seems to get lost in her thoughts, taking deep breaths. I come over to her, "Master?" She looks at me as she stands, fixing her shirt, "You seem especially distracted today. You did it yesterday quite easily."

She takes a deep breath, looking down for a second, "I'm ok, I just..." She looks at me, "This dream...nightmare." And here we go. "He's after me, Archer. He knows you killed Berserker. He's watching us. I doubt he is now because of the field around the house, but outside of here..." She draws in a shaky breath, She's going to break. Think fast, Archer. I look at her, worried as she continues, "He knows your true name. He's going to take me to get to you and kill you. I don't know where he is, or who he is, but-."

I take a quick step forward, kissing her softly as my hand comes to her cheek. Not exactly what I had planned, but she's quiet. She freezes for a second before she kisses me back. An odd feeling comes over me, warmth, as my eyes drift shut. Definitely, nothing I've ever felt before. Her arms go around my neck as she comes up closer. I pull her closer against me, deepening the kiss. My heart races. A part of me cares for her as just a master, but the other wants her for my own, despite that being almost impossible. I wrap my arms around her as I pull away, slightly out of breath, "You talk too much sometimes, Master."