Chapter Two- Riley

Me and her were laughing and making a mess, but it didn't matter. Me and her were laughing together and making a mess together. I loved this moment more than any other. It was pure and wholehearted and... I can't explain it.

We had subconsciously decided to make French toast for breakfast, so I got the bread and eggs out. Erin made sure to touch my hand while grabbing the eggs from me. We whisked the eggs together, and when she was tired of that she put oil in the pan and added cinnamon to the egg mixture.

I put the last piece of French toast on the serving plate and glanced at Erin. "These look great."

Erin nodded. "Thanks."

Ethan got up and said "finally." I cuffed him around the ear.

We all sat at the table and began eating.

"So, how long have you had your ukulele?" Erin asked.

I looked around, flustered. "Oh, yeah. Well, I got it for my 8th birthday and have been playing it ever since."

"And you're 16?"

I nodded. "So a good 10 years." I tilted my head while I was eating. "Why?"

Erin took a bite. "No reason, I just thought it was interesting." Then she looked at Ethan and Kasey. "What- are you two like a couple?"

I saw Ethan blush. I almost laughed.

"Yes," Kasey said proudly. "We've been together for like, 15 years."

I, of course, got technical. "You're only 16! Only like, 10 years."

"Woah," Erin said, and her eyes glazed over. "It must be crazy to have a relationship like that."

Kasey swallowed her bite and motioned to Erin. "You're bisexual?"

She seemed uncomfortable, but I nodded to her. "Yes," she said.

"Me too!" Kasey exclaimed. "You've probably heard that Riley is lesbian, and Ethan is the only straight one here."

"And you had a boyfriend, Riley?" Erin turned to me again.

I caught Ethan's eye and laughed. He looked left out. "Yeah, back when I was straight. I probably didn't have a crush on him, but I thought I did." I tilted my head at him. "Ethan's been my wingman in trying to see if my crush likes me back."

Now he didn't look so left out.

"Who do you have a crush on now?" Erin teased and finished her French toast.

I swallowed hard. "Well, I told you she was bisexual." I tried to sound casual and not terrified.

Ethan laughed at me, and Erin flashed a little smile.

I put my face in my hand and sighed. "Let's head to the beach."