Chapter Twenty-Four- Kasey

In Ethan's room for the first time, it felt right. We heard Riley and Erin above us, doing whatever, but it was still perfect.

We spent most of the night in bed watching movies on the TV in his room. My head was laying on Ethan's stomach, his head on the pillow.

"I'm surprised that I've never spent the night." I said, not paying attention to the kissing scene in the movie.

Ethan shifted in his bed to look me in the eyes. "My parents," he said plainly.

"Yeah, I guess." I went back to watching the movie, but my mind wasn't focused.

"Hey, do you have popcorn or something?" I wanted to do something else than watch movies.

Ethan seemed to understand my intent, so instead got up and handed me a controller. "Do you play Halo?" He turned on his Xbox and I grinned.

"Of course."

We played for a couple hours, then Ethan said he was tired.

"You can't be," I said, setting my controller on the bed. "I'll slap you with pillows to keep you awake."

He yawned. "No, I'm tired."

I yearned to do something else with him, so I did in fact hit him with a pillow. He winced and then laughed. He picked up his pillow and hit me with it.

Soon it was a full-blown pillow-fight.

"What are you doing up there?" Ethan's mom's voice came up to us. She was yelling. "I can't sleep!"

Ethan glanced at me, then laughed. "Act like you were sleeping." He pulled the blanket over himself and then hugged me, so I was under it too.

Ethan's mom opened the door and saw us sleeping. "Must have been Riley and Erin." She muttered. She turned and went back downstairs.

I laughed once she was down the stairs, then shook Ethan.

He didn't stir. He was asleep.

My gaze softened. He really was tired. I kissed him softly on the lips and closed my eyes. We could sleep.