Chapter Three- Ethan

After stepping outside, I held the door open for Kasey and then closed it. I gasped. The water was so beautiful.

Our RV was the only one around, and the beach was sandy and rocky at the same time. The pink sunrise entranced me.

"Kasey," I said, "stand right there." I moved so that her silhouette was all I could see. I breathed deeply. She was so pretty.

I glanced to our right to see Erin and Riley climbing the rocks. Riley looked torn, and I could tell why. She had loved Erin for so many months and hadn't been able to tell her. Perhaps because it was different than her other crushes. Erin wasn't just a crush for her.

"They're being crazy," I said and grabbed Kasey's hand to begin running towards them. I let go once she was running with me, but I wish I hadn't.

For a couple hours or so, we climbed around on the rocks and found cool caves and outcrops.

I looked up and pointed to a huge cave. It was above us and would be hard to reach, but it looked amazing. "Climb up there," I dared Kasey jokingly. She pretended like she didn't hear me and continued to talk with Erin and Riley.

I felt a pang in my heart. I was the only boy here. I was the only straight guy. I felt left out a little.

But it also felt good to know that Erin and Riley were working it out. I knew that they would be together for a long time if Riley just made a move.

Erin stepped away from the conversation and pulled Riley with her. She drew the short-haired girl into a smaller, concealed cave.

Kasey was about to follow them, but I held her back. "This is their moment," I said. We couldn't just ruin Riley's moment.

Kasey nodded. "Okay." She sat back down next to me, and I scooted closer. We looked out over the beautiful waves and sat there awkwardly. I couldn't do anything. I was frozen.

"Come on, guys!" Erin yelled to us, breaking the weird trance.

"Oh." I glanced back to see Riley climbing up to a high ledge, which led to the large cave above me and Kasey.

Kasey practically sprinted up the rocks. She was beside Riley on the ledge in less than a minute. After another moment of climbing and me and Erin cheering, they reached the cave and ducked inside.

I shrugged and followed them in.

The spacious cave was dark, but Riley lit it with her phone flashlight.

Once we got in there and sat down, it was quite romantic. I knew that we should have left the two girls alone, but it was too perfect of a place to leave.

Eventually, we did leave. On our way to the RV, Erin and Riley were teasing and laughing.

At that point we were all hungry again, so Kasey voiced her concerns about lunch. She was always hungry, huh?