Chapter Twelve- Erin

I kissed her passionately. I heard the door click open and almost sighed while in the middle of me and Riley's kiss. Kasey had decided to come on back, huh.

Riley broke off and started to climb down. "Mimi! I'm so sorry!"

An older woman walked into the RV with a bag full of stuff. "I'm glad you can... express yourself like that."

She sounded sweet, so I came down. "Hi, Mimi, I'm Erin."

"Thanks for bringing the stuff," Riley said and eagerly began to rifle through it. "What flag should we do?" She asked me.

I felt put on the spot. "How about... how about an enby flag?" I turned to Riley's grandma. "And you can pick up Kasey? You're sure? Cuz I can order an Uber or-"

"Yeah, I can. Thanks for asking." She pulled me close to her and whispered in my ear. "You better give me grandchildren-ha HA." Her loud whisper ended in a laugh, which Riley seemed used to.

I just felt uncomfortable.

Mimi soon left and took Kasey with her.

"I feel so bad," Ethan voiced his concerns after she did leave. "Kasey was counting on me to stay with her and keep her company!"

"But you did what was right," Riley pointed out, eyes glued to her resin. "Now she knows that you can't just drop everything to do what she needs. It's a good lesson, trust me. And she needed time to cool off anyway."

Ethan gazed at Riley, still not convinced.

"Well, I think that we should put Gremlin in words right here," I interjected loudly, and placed some alphabet beads down on the mold.

"Great idea!" Riley clapped. "You know, for someone who doesn't watch at least an hour of gay TikToks everyday... you sure know a lot about gay social media."

I blushed. "I don't, really. It's just an idea from your stories that you told me." I didn't want to be modest; I wanted to brag about every picture I'd taken, every dance I'd done and every song I'd written. But my mouth was moving in ways I didn't want it to. Sometimes it did the right thing- kissing my crush- and sometimes it was bad. Like now.

"Speaking of stories... who wants to hear about the day that I bought my resin? It's super interesting and involves pride!" Riley coaxed.

"Sure," Ethan mumbled, his face resting on the cushion. "I'm bored, so."

I became immobile while Riley told her story, creating vivid images in my mind. Her hands moved like the story, her lips moved to the story, and her image created the best one of all in my head.

I pushed the thoughts away and continued my piece of resin. This was too good to be true.