Chapter Five- Ethan

Me and Kasey are sitting there. Alone, again. But I was shocked to hear Erin say "screw it" and then silence. They were probably making out in that cave.

Kasey was just watching the waves. She wasn't really doing anything, but she still had me entranced.

I got a buzz on my phone and I pulled it out of my pocket. It was from Riley, but it was from a while ago. The signal wasn't great on the beach, and it said it had been sent 10 minutes ago.

I didn't respond because it was literally kissing instructions.

Put your arm around her and put your head on her shoulder. Either she kisses you from there, lays her head on yours, or you take the next move. Look into her eyes, and when the time is right, kiss her. Just lean in and turn your head to your right. She'll put her head to your left. Basically, put your lips around her bottom lip.

I felt my heart race. I had never kissed anyone before. Neither had Riley! How was she such an expert at this?!

In the end, I just wound up awkwardly hugging her. But since Kasey is the bravest person I've met; she grabs my face and kisses me.

I had been waiting for this moment half of my life; to feel the soft sensation of her arms around me, her hair flying in the wind, the gentle ambience of the waves. She felt familiar even though I had never felt this before. She felt like home.

I hadn't cared about a thing in the world at that moment, in fact I didn't want the moment to end. It wouldn't have if Riley and Erin hadn't seen us and started heckling. It startled us both, it was total silence until, "WOOHOO!!!" Riley didn't care whether she would ruin the moment, but she knew how relieving this moment was for us. She had her own relieving moment with Erin, but she didn't seem to care about ours.

Riley seems happy. Bubbly, even. I'm not really angry, but I'm not happy either.

Kasey isn't happy. Usually she says when she's angry, but this time she kept it to herself.

As soon as Kasey and Riley lock gazes, a couple comes on the beach, talking loudly about a honeymoon or something, and we leave them in peace.