Chapter Twenty-Two- Ethan

It was kind of awkward, Kasey and I didn't know what to do because anyone could walk in at any moment.

I gave Kasey a passionate kiss as we got to my room. "Are you okay?" I asked, concerned. She sat on my bed with a sigh.

"Yeah, but I don't know why they have to be so disapproving of us. I love you."

"I love you too." I gave her another kiss. This one was harder because I loved that she was fine with being so open to me about her feelings. My hands trembled. I had never said I love you to her before.

She kissed back even harder than I did. She had both hands around my neck, we sat there with our lips together for a few minutes.

"What if someone comes in and sees us?" I whispered with a defeated expression.

"Well, then screw it." She threw me onto the bed, I was surprised at how much strength she had for such a seemingly weak girl.

She jumped right onto the bed after me. This wasn't like Kasey, she had to be mad about something.

After our hour of fun, Kasey started to unpack her things. She had clothes mostly, then some notebooks and pens. I watched her spread throughout my room while subtly dancing to the music in her earbuds. It was like a movie; you're so invested in the moment; you don't care about the outcome. I didn't care what was in the future or what life was going to be like.

Kasey finally was unpacked, so she turned her music off with a smug look just around midnight, when we heard a knock and my mom greeting someone.

Even though I was relieved that Erin and Riley had found a place to stay, I wasn't so much elated that they were staying here. They were intruding me and Kasey's night. This was our place to be ourselves.

I was okay with them in the attic, so long as they stayed there.