Chapter Four- Erin

I watched Riley make lunch. She really made good food.

She finished the grilled cheese and served it while we were playing cards. Ethan had won about every game. We talked a lot, then Riley said she was wiped out.

We walk back to the beach, and since Riley is tired, we let her sit there playing with rocks for a couple hours.

I knew that there wasn't much time left in the day, so I took Riley's hand and pulled her into a cave behind us, leaving Kasey and Ethan alone.

"Let's let them be alone," I whispered.

Riley gulped. "Yeah, that's good."

I took an excited deep breath. I'd only ever really had a relationship with one other person. But I really liked Riley. I'd known she liked me back for a while, but I could tell she was fragile and worried. I guess she didn't want to make the first move.

So I did.

After a second of waiting for her to do something, I threw my hands up and said "screw it."

I put my arm on her shoulder and touched my nose to hers. Suddenly I felt adrenaline run through my veins and I went for it. Our lips pressed together and we kissed like that for minutes on end.

It felt too good to finally express the way I felt about her.

She was two years younger than me, in 11th grade, but I didn't care. My friends would probably tease me about having such a "mediocre" girlfriend, but I didn't care. She wasn't mediocre to me at all. I hoped she liked me back, with all my heart.