Chapter Twenty-Three- Erin

I hugged Ethan. "Thanks for letting us stay in the attic," I said.

He seemed flustered. "No problem. It's not a regular... creepy attic, you know?"

Riley laughed, but I could sense her unease.

"That's good," I said. "You and Kasey wake us up whenever. We won't come down unless you text us to." I smiled in an attempt to pass this off as casual, but I could barely hold back my tears.

Riley took my hand, knowing that I felt bad, and led me up to the attic.

Ethan was right; it was a cozy little attic. It didn't have beds, but he had moved a memory foam mattress up there for us. There were a couple windows and there was another door on the left, but I decided not to be nosy.

"I love you, Riley." I sighed and sat down on the mattress. "What have our lives come to at this point?" Tears streamed slowly down my face. "If we're in love, but our parents don't support us-"

Riley interjected sternly, "my parents will support me. And you. If your parents don't love you for the way you are... I'm your new family." She hugged and I smiled slightly.

We spent the night, instead of sleeping, dancing and playing around. I could tell that Ethan and Kasey weren't sleeping either.

When I was showing Riley how to do a pirouette, I felt a spark in my chest. If me and Riley could have fun just dancing to no music, dancing to the music that aligned in our hearts... then that showed real love. It showed more love than kissing or being in the hotel bed together.

We were really in love.