Chapter Fourteen- Ethan

I lie awake, wondering what I could even do.

Kasey had left me alone with the two lovebirds, and though I had begged for months to be a third wheel, it honestly didn't feel too great.

Instead of being engaged in the activities Erin and Riley had been doing- kissing, looking for rocks to tumble on the beach, catching hermit crabs and putting them back, ect.- I replayed the scene in my head.

Riley and Kasey arguing, me trying to calm Erin down, Kasey overhearing and getting mad... and eventually leaving me. She had left me with a choice; come back home with her or leave her bored at home.

I chose the wrong option, like usual, and stayed behind. Honestly, I didn't think that I should leave Erin and Riley alone either.

It was too big of a choice; I was even sweating now just thinking about how to make everybody happy. Erin and Riley didn't even seem to feel gratitude towards me for making such a big decision in their favor. They were still talking about Riley's jewelry and giving ideas.

Riley had asked me what was wrong. "What do you think?" I answered bad-temperedly. "My girlfriend just left and I had the choice to go with her and I decided to stay here and listen to you two talk about resin jewelry! I'm not very proud of myself."

I watched it become dawn and then there was a knock on the RV door. Erin went to open it, and there she was.

It was Kasey.

"Look, I'm sor-" I didn't let her finish her sentence, as I tackled her and kissed her as hard as I could.

"I'm so sorry!" I realized I was screaming in her face and I lowered my voice. "Thanks for coming back, but I should have gone with you."

"No, I should be the one apologizing. I should never have said Riley was going overboard... she has her rights to be proud. And she's making money off it," she joked.

"You're damn right you should be the one apologizing," Riley smirked behind me.

"I know, there's no reason I should be talking to you like that. I love you." Kasey's smile killed me.

"It's fine, I love you too." Riley pushed past me for a hug.

They had always been a sisterly love between them. I loved that about them. They could always get along. Until today, I guess.

I kissed Kasey again before sitting by the table because she had done the right thing. Just before we climbed up to the top bunk (we were switching places now) and saw Erin tearing up, sitting on the back bed.

"Are you okay?" Riley asked and hugged her.

"That was beautiful," she looked between me and Kasey. Then she nodded somehow at both of us as if to say, "I forgive you."

Riley was so relieved that she kissed her in front of all of us.