graduate.

Chapter 16.
Graduate.

Waking up, you feel groggy. You've slept well but apparently not according to the baby. You eat your breakfast and get a shower before you get a call.
"Is this y/n y/l/n?"
"Speaking, yes."
"Well, the advisor is looking to talk to you on your request at 1pm today."
"Oh, thank you, I'll be there."
"OK, bye."

You opt for a black flowy jumpsuit and black platform sandals to wear. It's already 12 so you leave. On the bus, you see about three families, happy, it seemed. Jealousy struck you as you realised you were a single mother, Roger will still be slutting it up everynight, leaving you to night feeds and changes and everything else. Before you have time to worry anymore, the bus stops. You get off at the stop, it's raining so you hurry into the building. It's ten to one when you reach the advisor's office, and you sit outside on one of the black plastic chairs. They were not comfy. You pick up a magazine and flick through it.
" Ms. Y/l/n, you can come in now."
When your inside you sit down on a chair, a bit comfier, not much.
"Thanks for seeing me."
"No problem, why did you come in today?"
"Well, recently, I've fallen pregnant so I've been wondering if I could have most of my work sent home to me instead of coming in every day but I'll be in every other day."
"Nonsense, you've handed in your work from last year, this year its mostly just edits, which you have completed, so if you would prefer you could graduate today."
"I would love to."
"Well, you could wait to the 16th next month or you could today. Up to you."
"Today, I have  a scan that day."
"OK, I'll sign the forms."
"Thanks."
You shift in your seat wondering what Rogers doing. The advisor signs tye forms and hands them to you.
"Congratulations, y/n."
"Thank you so much"
"We'll refund the next year's tuition."
"Thanks again, bye." You say walking out.
"Bye, good luck."

You walk down the corridor, struck with a sudden wave of sadness, you'd never do this again. Leaving the building, you realise the next bus isn't dew for an hour so you go to the little cafe down the road. You got a battered sausage and chip, something light enough. The hour passed and soon enough you were home.

You call Roger with the news.
"Wait, really?"
"Yes, he just told me I could so I said yeah."
"I'm so proud of you right now. I could hug you from over here."
"Oh, I have a scan for when you're over here next month."
"Really? I'll be there love."
"I know, now go, you'll be late for sound check."
"Yeah, I know, bye."
"Bye."

It's 6am and I thought I'd get this out for bestie rogerissanta but it's pretty rubbish just had to pit it together so I wouldn't forget.
M.