Home.

Chapter 42.
Home.

You are nervous about taking Evie Home. what if something goes wrong? What if I hurt her? Those sorta thoughts are rushing through your head.

"Alright, she passed the car seat test. Your good to leave." The doctor says.
"Thanks for everything, sir." Roger says, shaking the doctors hand.
"I don't want to see you in here unless it's with Evie, for a while." He says, looking at you.
"Oh, neither do I." You say and the doctor leaves.
"You ready, my love?" Roger asks, picking up the car seat.
"Well it's now or never, with me, I'll end up staying if we don't leave now." You say with a laugh and grab your suitcase.

You and Evie are in the back with Roger, his parents are taking you home. The journey is quick enough, everyone talking about Evie and asking how labour was. You've forgotten most of it somehow. When you are home, his parents help carry stuff up but then leave, having somewhere to go.

You can't believe you are finally home with your little family. Evies sleeping so you set her down in the moses basket in the living room and decide to make you and Roger some dinner. You make spaghetti bolognese and the both of you eat up. After that, you make up some bottles for Evie, as you decided to formula feed her. Roger is sitting in the living room with her when she starts to cry. You hear her stopping and Roger pacing the living room singing something. You walk ti the living room and lean against the door.
"I'm in love with my car.
Gotta feel for my automobile.
Get a grip on my boy racing rollbar.
Such a thrill when your radials squeal" He sings softly. You can't help but laugh.
"Please say your joking." You say
"Nope, hundred percent serious." He says, "plus Evie likes it."
"Alright, here, feed her will you." You say, handing him the bobo. He sits down on the sofa and feeds her, he won't stop smiling at her. You see his camera on the coffee table so you pick It up and take a picture of him.
"Why did you do that, i look like shit." He says.
"Not possible, I've never seen you look bad in your life, now wind her incase she gets a pain and she'll vomit then."
"OK, love, I've done this before." He says.
"I know, just reminding you. I'm going for a shower now, change her nappy after the bottles done."
"I will, i love you." He says.
"I love you too." You say and head for a shower.

When your back, Roger has his shirt off and is lying with Evie on his chest. He's watching some movie. You lift evie off him and sit on his lap. He wraps a blanket around the three of you and you sit all cuddled up for the rest of the night.