Cramped

Chapter 43.
Cramped

"She's six weeks now, we need to sort out her baptism for my granny." You say, winding Evie after feeding her.
"I'll get John to call up the church, he's good with that." Roger says. He's making the dinner for once, probably won't be great but it's the thought that counts.

The last six weeks went great. Evie is a good sleeper, she sleeps through the night and most of the day, but she's more alert now than when she came home. You and Roger fell into a routine before he went back to work with the band, then you made your own and it's been going well. The nights were your favourite though, when it was just you, Roger and Evie snuggled up under a blanket watching the telly or sitting in the nursery while Rogers singing to her in the rocking chair.

"Here, my love, hope its good for you." Roger says, pulling you away from your thoughts with a plate of food and a kiss on the cheek.
"Thanks." You say, and begin eating, to your surprise, it tastes really good.
"Jesus, this is delicious." You say smiling at Roger. He doesn't reply, he's generally quiet when he eats anyway. When your done you tidy up and Roger calls John to sort out the christening.

You sit down in the living room, which suddenly feels very crammed. The flat was generally small anyway but now that the babies here, it feels awfully smaller.
"It's cramped in here now, isn't it my love." Roger says, sitting down and motioning you to come closer to him.
"It does. I think we might need a bigger place soon." You say, laying your head on his lap while he starts playing with your hair.
"Yeah, I think so. I've got money now from the tour** we should be able to get a mortgage for a house now."
"My mum said to call her when we're thinking of buying a house, I don't know why, so I'll do that tomorrow. We'll need a realtor."
"Brian's realtor was good apparently, I'll see if I can get her number." You can't help but smile now.
"What?" Roger says, smiling now too.
"We're talking about buying a house together, I don't know, it's just nice to think we're doing it together."
"Yeah, it is, really. I'm so happy it's with you, why didn't we get together years ago?" He says, which makes you laugh.
"I don't know, probably because I wouldn't tell you I liked you."
"And I was doubly stupid by not realising why I liked being around you. It seems like wasted time."
"It's not really, I think we wouldn't be together now if we had of gotten together years ago."
"Fair point." He says and lifts your head to kiss you.
"2 more weeks I have to wait, but don't be expecting it to last long." He says, laughing.

The next day, you call your mum to ask why she wanted you to call her about buying a house.
"Well, you know how I'm an only child and your her only grandchild, well when my mum made her will, she left both her properties to you, the flat and the house I grew up on because I already had my house and the house was bigger than what I needed, so the house is in your name." Your mum says, excitedly.
"Do not tell me you're joking." You say, in shock.
"No, sweetie, I'm not. The house is yours."
"The house is mine." You say, in denial.
"Yeah, you and roger can head up there today me and Liam will watch Evie for you."
"Alright, thanks, we'll see you in an hour." You say and hang up the phone. You run to Roger who's looking at the paper in the kitchen, and jump into his arms. He falls back against the cupboard.
"What has you so happy?"He asks, kissing the top of your head.
"Well, you know my granny left me her house, the one in West London."
"Really?" He says, a huge smile spreading across his face.
"Yeah, it's pretty big aswell, her and granda had a lot of money."
"I could fuck you but i can't. This is evil."
"Go get dressed and sort out Evies stuff she's staying at my mums and we're heading up there in an hour."
"Will do, I love you."
"I love you too."

Pulling up outside the house, it looks like nothing changed. The garden is over grown and needs cut and the house itself needs painted but other than that it looks great. You and Roger open the door and walk in. Nothings changed. Walking through the house again brings back alot of memories for you like Christmas and the new year's party your granda insisted on every year. The kitchen is rustic, like a cottage kitchen which you love, its spacious as well. The living room has a open fire and a beautiful mantle piece, the dining room just off It looks out on to the garden. There's a bedroom downstairs with an en suite Which is presumably the master bedroom. Upstairs there's 3 bedrooms and an office and 2 bathrooms one small by the stairs the other pretty big. There's a bathroom downstairs aswell off the utility room, it's small.

"I love it." Roger says, hugging you from Behind when you both walk out to the garden.
"So do I, come on." You say and walk down the garden. Roger shoots you a questioning look but follows. You sit on the swing your granda built when you were young and Roger joins you, resting his head on your shoulder.
"I think this is our new home." He says, and kisses you.

*****
** yes ik they weren't making money in 74 bc of the management before John started ignore that
*****